chapter 37

One by one, I heard everyone log out of the Virtual World

One by one, I heard everyone log out of the Virtual World. I heard a little gasp behind me, a few screams, you know. The good stuff. It was a lot more muted than before, though. Probably because everyone was... pretty used to it.

I stayed quiet, staring at her body without a word. It had to be done- and besides, everyone's gonna feel betrayed as fuck once we reach the last trial of this series. Or not.

"A body has been discovered! Everyone, please report to the computer room..." Monokuma announced loudly, his red eye glowing. "...Wait, you're already here. Wow, I get to bring you the body discovery announcement live! Whew, doin' it live is great! Better than beer and fuckin'!"

"...Why is it that in every single universe I'm in, parents are just... super shitty?" I pondered aloud, cocking my head to the side like a curious child. 

"Rise and shine, ursine!" The Monokubs said together, appearing out of thin air.

"Hm? Father, have you always had such a fucking potty-mouth?" Monophane quizzed coldly, clutching a... black rose?

"Don't worry, honey. It's just a phase." I joked sarcastically, nudging the person closest to me. "On the other hand, trying to get with your brother is not a phase, and it's absolutely horrid."

Kokichi shuffled awkwardly, letting out a muffled, hesitant snicker. I jumped, before creating some distance, feeling my cheeks burning. 

"HEY! I was holding back cuz we already had one vulgar cast member, but now it's my time to shine! Not you, bitch!" Monokuma shouted, whacking his emo incest daughter across the room. "Thankfully, I'm adorable so I can get away with saying all kinds of crude stuff. Yay! I finally get to be a foul-mouthed asshole!"

Monophanie didn't even throw up at the dead body like she always did. Huh.

"You hear that, Himiko? You can say the fuck word as many times as you want, and you won't even get in trouble for it!" I cheered, throwing my hands into the air.

"I-It's terrible... Why did it end up like this...?" Tsumugi stammered, grasping her head in her hands.

"Quit it! Don't compare me to that stupid bear!" Himiko whined, snapping out of her daze as she whacked me.

"Miu! Wh-Why...!?"

"SHU! HIMIKO'S BEING MEAN!" I yelled, smacking the mage. Except I forgot that our physical strengths differ here again, so I didn't hold back and sent her crashing to the floor. "..."

"Gonta... not understand, either... Miu like this when Gonta wake up..."

Shuichi cleared his throat, fiddling with his hands nervously. "Ah... um..."

"Uh oh, I think I killed her." I remarked, bending over and picking her up. "Go fetch me an ice pack, Mr. Detective! Please and thank you!"

"..."