chapter 14

[a/n]: okay so i fucking forgot that kokichi and [y/n] were supposed to tell ryoma about the motive video thing so just pretend that was included in the last chapter okay :pleading:

. . .

"You- you are so going to hell for this..."

I tilted my head to the side, smiling as I ripped the knife out of their chest. "I know. I'm a despicable villain, right?"

"..R-right... you're a monster..."

"I'm a monster that will proudly descend to hell once my time comes for eternity." I took my bloodied gloves off, throwing them onto the corpse below me. "Riots on the streets. Nations fighting for who-knows-what..."

"All of it? The infamous work of the Ultimate Influence!"

I guess I was only half-telling the truth on that.

All my victims- direct or not, were right on the money. I know it's true- all too well.

But that didn't stop it from hurting.

There went my dream of people admiring and wanting to be my friend.

The only way for them to like who I am... is when I disguise myself. There is no place for [y/n] [l/n] in this world.

Only the fake aliases that I obtained over my journey.

And so, I poured the gasoline over the massacred bodies and watched the building seize up with flames.

That wasn't a very unusual sight in the circumstances I created.

. . .

"Heeyyy! [y/n], get up!"

I squinted my eyes open to make out a fuzzy blur of Kokichi. Once they finally focused, I sat up and checked the time. 1:00am. Huh. I guess I finally dozed off for once. What was the point of waking me up before the morning announcements, though? "Hmmm?"

The purple-haired boy grinned, holding up the motive videos. "Remember when we said we were gonna binge-watch them together? I doubt that anyone would be able to cooperate with us after this... sooo, just in case... let's just see what they have!"

"...You know, this is none of our business..." I trailed off, before seeing the desperate look on his face. "Fine! I always loved gossip anyways."

"Yaayy!"

And so, we began to binge them together. Everyone's videos- Ryoma's empty one, Kaito's one with his grandparents, Kirumi's for the nation, and most importantly... Maki's, revealing her true Ultimate Talent.

"..Ah. So that's why she didn't want us entering her lab..." I commented, rewinding the video back to the start.

Kokichi yawned, rolling over onto his back. "Weelll, I guess that makes sense. Nehehe... There really was a bigger liar than me in this group... That just totally pisses me off!"