chapter 8

I sighed

I sighed. I needed to edit the Monokubs and Monokuma's commercial break into the episode after this. What a pain. All I wanted to do was go to sleep.

CLASS TRIAL: RESUME

"I feel like we're getting close to the gory part... It's making me nervous..." Monophanie stammered in her fluttery voice. 

"I dunno who the culprit is! But I'm not paying attention, so it's okay!" Monotaro admitted nonchalantly.

"Yeah, but there's one thing we do know." Monosuke shoved his glasses back onto his nose to make him look smart. "The line between victim and attacker ain't as clear as you might think."

"...I suppose that's one lesson we can take away from the case." The half-pink bear agreed.

"I cut off the leg before the poison spread! By spring, flowers'll grow from the stump!" Monokid flushed. 

"..." Monodam simply stared at us with a blank expression. I smiled brightly, tilting my head to the side as I quickly glanced at Monokid as an indication... of something.

Shuichi held his heart as he grimaced, a tense silence filling the courtroom. 

"Say something already." Maki demanded.

"Go, Shuichi! Go, Shuichi, go!" I chanted childishly, still holding the pom-poms I had.

"Your tongue-tied silence speaks volumes!" Miu yelled. "Your tongue-tied silence speaks volumes! I fuckin' knew you were the culprit!"

"W-Wait just a minute! None of that is possible!" Kaede shouted desperately. "Shuichi was with me the whole time we were on lookout. When are you suggesting Shuichi killed Rantaro?"

Maki narrowed her red eyes. "Were you really together the whole time?"

"Huh? What do you mean?"

The dark-haired girl pursed her lips. "I'm asking if you two were on lookout together the whole time."

Beads of sweat began to bead around Kaede's face. "W-Well, I guess we weren't together the whole time..."

"So that's when Shuichi went to kill Rantaro!" Kokichi declared, his purple eyes lighting up with stars.

"N-No! Shuichi wouldn't kill anyone!"

"That's what all of the adorable cuties said when I got accused of being the infamous war starter..." I giggled darkly. "They were wrong. Oh well, human emotion gets the better of most of us. You shouldn't make the same mistakes they did..." I warned creepily.

"Don't become emotional. We must seek the truth in a calm and logical manner." Kiyo agreed. "Or all our lives will be lost here."

"I'm not being emotional here." Kaede retorted, her voice wavering. "I'm saying it with conviction! The security alarm didn't ring until after Shuichi returned to the classroom."