chapter 32

"I saw flyers all over the city, too

"I saw flyers all over the city, too. They said, "Mankind deserves damnation.""

"...Huh? I remember that... I just thought it was cuz of the war that [y/n] started? That huge cult that they created... The chaos..."

"Yeah, but they have an Ultimate talent, too. Wouldn't the Ultimate Hunt contradict that?"

"Augh, forget it! I'll talk to them later... And... the meteorites! What about the meteorites?!"

. . .

Once I dropped off the snacks in my dorm, I went through the passage from the bathroom, and goddamn, how long has it been since I was here?

Guess I've been forgetting about my mastermind duties. Whoops.

"Okaayyy, I guess I should check the media..." I mumbled aloud as I clicked open my Monopad. "...Alright, the ratings are relatively high. Let's see... what have they been posting... character analysis videos, best of yadda yadda yadda, and- ooh, a Pinterest board dedicated to me?!"

I clicked open a few fanarts, feeling mildly [extremely] flattered. But then I made the mistake of scrolling TOO FUCKING FAR, WHAT THE ACTUAL SHIT ARE THESE PEOPLE INTO?!

If someone doesn't edit me to 'Ick', I'm going to cry. I thought dryly as I deleted my search history. 

I hesitantly opened the comments on an innocent-looking video and regret it immediately after.

"...I ship [y/n]... and Kokichi. They were made for each other... It's so obvious." I read, squinting my eyes.

Haha! No way! The replies definitely don't-

"You're so real for that... For real... I absolutely adore their dynamic... I wish [y/n] would stop pushing him away, then again that's what makes it so interesting..."

"..."

"DIE!"

Cue me chucking the electronic across the room. I took a deep breath, quickly brushed off my jacket, and prepared to leave.

I peeked my head out once I made sure the coast was clear, took a few steps out, ran back because I can't survive without my Monopad, ran out with my Monopad, and sprinted aaalll the way back to my room. Again.

I let out a long sigh, digging around my area tiredly. Let me find something entertaining. Let me find something distracting.

I picked up a dusty book, cocking my head to the side curiously. I cleaned the cover off, and sat on the floor, flipping the first page open. I read this one before, haven't I? I thought I lost it, too.

Something soft fell onto my gloved hand when I lifted it up. 

I frowned, holding it out.

A checkered scarf.