Chapter 39: Shockers.

Recap:

Talia was in her pyjamas and cuddled up in her bed. Alaric and Damon were downstairs and Tyler was with her. The girl was so tired her eyes were fluttering shut.

"What do you want to do tomorrow?" Tyler asked as he held her hand.

"I don't know. I'm so tired that I just want to hibernate." Talia chuckled softly.

"I'll join you." Tyler murmured with a wink. His phone buzzed and his face darkened as he read the message. "I gotta go, babe. I'll see you tomorrow. You want me to stay until you fall asleep?"

"I'd like that." Talia smiled sleepily as she snuggled deeper in her pillow.

Talia's eyes fluttered and before she knew it, she was fast asleep as a certain gentleman's English accent began to plague her dreams. Tyler smiled as he looked down at her. He moved a strand of hair away from her face and kissed her cheek softly. "I'm sorry." Tyler sped out. The curtains fluttered and a shadow was stood there, watching the girl who slept.

Chapter 39:

It was Saturday and Talia was sitting in the kitchen with her head on the table. Her father was making breakfast and she was sitting alone, contemplating something.

"Do you want some tea?" Ric asked, a piece of toast wedged between his teeth.

"No, thanks." Talia murmured as she stood up. After she poured herself some banana milkshake from the fridge, she sat back down at the table. 

"The others are back tomorrow." Alaric smiled as he raised his 'Dad of the Year' mug that Talia had given him and took a sip of black coffee.

"Hmm." Talia murmured, stirring the stripy straw round and round in her tall glass.

"What shall we cook for them?" Ric asked as he folded his arms on the table.

"Not sure. Wait, didn't Carol say she was gonna do a dinner thing tomorrow night?"

"Ah, yes, she did. That's dinner sorted." Alaric smiled. "What are your plans today, sweetheart?"

"Probably spend some time with Lexi and Tyler. Maybe see some friends." Talia paused and looked down. She had decided. "Dad?" Talia asked. Ric turned around and his daughter smiled at him. "I... um... need to talk to you."

"What about?" Alaric asked, his face clouded with fear as he put his mug down. He looked at his daughter's face and paled. "Oh, God. You haven't. Have you? Oh, my God. I can't believe it."

"Haven't what?" Talia asked as she sipped her milkshake.

"You're pregnant, aren't you?" Alaric whispered.

"What?!" Talia looked shocked, almost spitting her milkshake out. "Dad! I'm not ready for all of that. Tyler and I....I'm not even ready to do it. Ugh...why am I talking to my Dad about this? This is so Awks." Talia added as she looked away. "That's not what I wanted to talk about."

Alaric walked towards her and lifted up her chin. "Baby, I didn't want history repeating itself. You see, your mom was barely 16 when she had Elena. She was a few months shy of 17 when you were born. You came early at 5 months and we weren't sure if you were gonna be okay. I'm not saying that I regret having you as a teenager, you're my pride and joy, sweetheart. But I was a kid myself." He sighed and sat next to her. "Darling, I'm happy that you and Tyler haven't rushed in. Which is more than what I can say for myself. If you ever do, please be safe. You're 18 so I can't really tell you what to do. I'm... not ready to be a grandad. I'm only 35." He chuckled. "What did you want to tell me, sweetie?"