Chapter 62: Oh, Baby Baby.

Recap:

"It was easy to fool Niklaus and your daughter, but I thought you of all people would understand. After all, my son did use your body at one point."

Alaric froze.

"You're not Rebekah."

"No. My name is Esther and we have a great deal in common."

Meanwhile, Talia paced the clearing near Wickery Bridge. She came to a sudden stop and took a deep breath before she dialled a number and waited.

"Rebekah? Hey, you know the thing we spoke about before, well, you know?" Talia turned around and took a deep breath before speaking into the phone, "I'm pregnant."

Chapter 62:

"Fuck, fuck, fuck," Talia paced the clearing, her hands clasped together. She stopped suddenly. "FUCK!" She exclaimed before sighing. "God, I'm so stupid. Argh." Standing up straight, Talia wriggled her shoulders and took a deep breath. "It'll be okay. It's gonna be okay. It...has to." Talia paused. "No. It's not gonna be okay." Pulling out her phone again, she groaned. Bracing herself to see Rebekah, Talia sat down and began to shake nervously.

I shouldn't have said that. Fuck.

Klaus' Mansion

In the living room, Klaus was working on an abstract painting on an easel when Rebekah walked.

"What took you so long?" Klaus asked without looking up.

"I was with Talia. She told me something interesting." Rebekah smirked.

"And what would that be?" Klaus asked.

"Nothing you need to know... yet. Anyway, Alaric didn't want to hand over the stake." Rebekah held up the stake. "Luckily I'm quite the charmer."

"That's it?"

"The last of the white oak stakes that can kill us. Do you want to do the honours or shall I?"

Klaus put the paintbrush down, took the stake from Rebekah and threw it into the flames in the fireplace. The flames flared up around the stake.

"Well, that's that, then."

"Pack your bags, we're leaving." Klaus commanded.

"Today?"

"Why not? There's nothing keeping us here. We'll grab the doppelgänger and her sister and be off by sunset."

Rebekah sighed. "But tonight is the decade dance."

Klaus looked bored. "So?"

Rebekah said, "So, I'm head of the committee, we have to go."

"I'm not going to any dance."

"Talia will be there."

"That means nothing to me." Klaus said carelessly.

"Please, I have big plans for tonight. Just go for me."

Klaus looked at his sister."Okay, fine. One last hoorah."

"One last hoorah, Nik."

Talia walked into the Salvatore Boarding House and held up her hand when Damon opened his mouth. "I'm sorry but I'm not staying. Just came to get this."

Damon frowned and watched as she picked up her book and walk off before he looked at his phone again. "She's gone. So, where've you been? I've been calling you all day."

"Yeah, sorry about that. I just needed to get my head together."

"So I take it Rebekah got the stake?" Damon asked.