Chapter 6: New Girl

Recap:

Alaric's POV:

As I walked to the door with Jenna, I heard Damon call Talia aside who looked apprehensive. I frowned at him, what could he possibly say? Well, what he said surprised me pleasantly. 

"Listen kid, I know you've had a hard time and I was a little mean to you at the Grill. Well, I'm- I guess I'm trying to apolog- you know say...sorry". I sniggered when I heard Elena mutter, "well, who'd have thought it, the prince of darkness has a heart." causing Damon to roll his eyes at her.

"I know you didn't mean to act like an arsehole but no harm done" Talia beamed, causing Jeremy to laugh and even Damon raised a grin. It was late when we got home and Jenna couldn't be bothered to cook, instead ordering pizza.

Chapter 6:

Talia was in her hotel room and was waiting for Elena and her aunt Jenna to come over. Her father had begged her to stay over at theirs last night but Talia was worried about her possessions and she had told the receptionist she befriended that she would be back to spend one more night at the hotel before moving to her own house. She was thinking about last night.

*FLASHBACK*

Talia was back at the house whose doorbell she had rung earlier on in the day. She was overwhelmed with meeting her dad and then meeting his girlfriend.

Talia's POV:

Dad's girlfriend, Jenny, I think her name is, was really pretty. I thought that she'd be annoyed that I've suddenly come into his life but she was surprisingly sweet to me. Going as far as asking me to move in the family home! I had been planning on moving into the house that Nanna and Pappi had left me but it looks like my plans are on hold. I still haven't told him about Nanna and Pappi leaving me a house but how can I, I've just met him. Elena led me through to their kitchen whilst the others weren't far behind.

When I met Elena at the boarding house, I was a little scared. She was beautiful and looked like one of those popular girls who had everyone falling at their feet. I can't believe I winced when she walked towards me looking confident. Then she hugged me! Wtf????? I smiled as she sat down on the table and smiled at me.

"What do you feel like today, Talia?" Jenna asked, putting a pot on the stove. I mumbled something about anything and looked at her to see her holding an onion in one hand and a pack of sliced turkey in the other. I looked at her confused and she burst out laughing. 

"Jenna isn't much of a cook," Elena whispered to me.

I smiled and heard Jenna retort, "Hey! Who was the one who burnt water whilst trying to boil an egg?" Jenna had her hand on her hips and smiled victoriously when Elena failed to come up with a comeback. "Elena literally forgot she left water on the stove and almost burned the house down!"

"You're  never gonna let me forget, are you?" Elena asked.

"Never!" Jenna laughed. 

"Uh, we could order a pizza?" Jeremy offered holding a couple of leaflets. "I vote Big Joe's!" he shouted.

Elena yelled, "no way! We had that on Wednesday, let's get Pizza world!"

Before Jeremy could argue back, I saw Jenna sigh and mutter "not this again. Look, why don't we ask our guest?" Jenna said and I noticed that she nodded at me when she said guest.

I smiled nervously and replied "well, pizza's pizza, I don't really mind. But why don't you get a pizza from each of the takeaways?" I suggested and saw them staring at me. "Or not." I muttered, looking and my nails.