Chapter 87: Guilty as well as Innocent.

Recap: 

"Please get me out of here, Klaus," Talia whimpered.

"You must be here for a good reason, my love," Klaus murmured.

"Please?" Talia whispered as she stepped closer.

"Why are you here?" Klaus asked softly.

"Apparently I'm the one who planted that bomb to kill my sister," Talia was dazed.

"And... did you?" Klaus asked quietly. "Plant the bomb?"

"I don't know, babe," Talia leaned forward, her bottom lip trembling, "you tell me."

Chapter 87:

Night had fallen in Mystic Falls and Elena was standing against the kitchen sink with her arms folded as she watched Jeremy eat. 

"What?" Jeremy asked as he wiped his mouth messily. 

"Nothing Jer, just thinking about Talia,"

Jeremy, who was about to take another bite out of his sandwich, sighed and looked at her. "Is she gonna be okay? Why wouldn't Damon tell us where she is? It's Christmas next freakin' week! Is he gonna keep her locked up in the damn cell? Shove a turkey and some crackers through the bars?!"

"I honestly don't know," Elena sighed, turning her back against her brother. 

"We need to be out there, finding our sister."

"Lexi and Stefan are out there, trying to track her. It's been hours. Maybe I should call them."

Jeremy looked at his sandwich longingly before abandoning it. "Elena, I want to go and see her, I need to. You can talk to Damon and persuade that asshole to let us see her."

"But Damon said we can't," Elena whispered, "he- what if she tries something again?"

Jeremy stared at his sister, dumbfounded. "why would she?!"

"She planted the bomb! Jer, she tried to kill me." 

"But why would she?"

"Maybe it's her hunter genes..." Elena's eyes widened and she gasped, "oh my god, you know she's destined to be a hunter! Maybe it's starting now!"

"But it wouldn't, not yet." Jeremy frowned, "the... Bonnie's grimoire said it wouldn't happen for a while."

"Bonnie." Elena gesticulated wildly.

"Excuse me?"

"Call Bonnie! We have to see Talia. I can't believe I've been so stupid. My sister might be innocent." 

"What- but you just said it could be her hunter genes. Elena, you're not making any sense! You just said it could be her hunter side coming out!"

"Which means that it's not her, it's the genes that made her plant the bomb." Elena shook her head. "Call Bon."

Jeremy exhaled and took out his phone. He glanced at Elena. "Are you sure? I mean, she went to visit her Grams' grave, and might still be there."

"Oh," Elena nodded. "Leave it then, I'll talk to her later."

Jeremy was now bewildered. "Elena, are you okay? What is going on?"

"I'm okay. Just thinking. Finish your sandwich."

"Nevermind the damn sandwich." Jeremy pinched the bridge of his nose. "Surely you don't think Talia would do that?" Jeremy asked skeptically.

"But she did," Elena pointed out. 

"I don't know," Jeremy sat down and picked up his sandwich again, "I keep thinking, what if Talia didn't do it."