Chapter 85: The Wrong Brother.

Recap:

"Me too," Damon exhaled as he pulled her towards him. "God, I'm sorry for getting mad. I was just worried."

"Damon, promise me, promise me, no matter what happens, what goes down, you will not hate me, nor turn your back on me." Talia did not wipe her tears away, "Promise me, Damon!"

"I promise," Damon held her close.

"I'm so glad I have you in my life, Damon," Talia murmured. "You're family."

"Oh, sweetie," Damon sighed as he rested his chin on her head. "You're family too. I cannot bear to lose you, after the promise I made your father, especially not after the promise." A tear rolled down Damon's face as he held Talia, who was now crying quietly.

Oh, Dad, I miss you so much.

Across the road from them, the spirit of Alaric Saltzman was standing there, tears in his eyes as he watched his beloved daughter and the man who was once his best friend.

Chapter 85:

"So you're still not gonna tell us what happened between you and Damon?"

"Nope."

"Are you ever going to?"

"Nope."

"Uh... why not?"

"Uh... because I don't want to."

"Talia."

"Stefan."

"It's not funny," 

"I'm not laughing."

"I mean it, Talia."

"So do I, Stefan, so do I."

"Talia, stop."

"Stefan, you stop."

"What's going on here?" Elena asked as she walked in. "Are you two still arguing?"

"Your sister is being stubborn."

Elena chuckled wryly. "Runs in the family, Stefan."

"I'm not being stubborn," Talia scowled. "I'm not."

"That's what stubborn people say, Talia." Stefan looked smug as he sat back in his chair. "What's the problem with you telling us?"

"Because I don't want to."

"That's not a valid reason," Elena sighed. 

"Come on, Talia," Stefan leaned forward and took one of Talia's hands. "You and I are close, aren't we? I'm like your brother."

"You are my brother," Talia mumbled. "From another mother. Definitely another mother, because if you weren't, it would be awkward as you and my sister have done... the jiggy." Talia stopped talking. "You know what I mean."

"You're babbling," Elena chuckled sadly. 

"Just tell us. If you can't tell us, who can you tell?"

Talia looked at Elena and Stefan. Finally, she gave in. "Okay." Talia exhaled. "I'll tell you what Damon and I talked about. You might wanna grab a snack or something." Talia smiled when Stefan and Elena rolled their eyes. "Okay, okay, no babbling. Are you guys ready to hear this?  It- it's pretty big... um, Damon confessed his feelings for me." Talia's tone was serious. "He said he fancied the pants off me the second he saw me, but he was in denial then, what with my age and me being his best friend's daughter. But months later, he realised that it's me he wants. I'm the one for him."