Chapter 72: You're a Liar and So am I.

Recap:

"How is my love?"

"I'm okay," Talia mumbled into Klaus' shoulder. "Just sad you didn't take me to Italy too."

Klaus chuckled. "One day, princess. One day I will show you the world. The arts. The music. Everything."

"Promise?"

"I promise," Klaus smiled.

Talia smiled as she closed her eyes. Seconds later, she opened them.

"What's up?"

"Nothing," Talia mumbled.

"Love, I can tell when you're lying," Klaus murmured as he looked down at her.

Talia sighed and looked up at him, captivated by his blue eyes. "Before, when I thought Noah was back, I almost had a heart attack. I'm scared, Klaus, I don't want to be alone."

"You won't be alone." Klaus said firmly. "As for Noah, well, he's well and truly dead. I killed him myself, remember? The people I kill tend to stay dead."

"I suppose you're right," Talia yawned.

"You know I am," Klaus murmured. "So what happened? How did you manage to get out of the house?

Talia didn't reply, she had fallen asleep.

Klaus smiled as he picked Talia up and placed her in bed gently. He kissed her forehead and watched as she slept. Seconds later, he was gone. 

Chapter 72:

At the Gilbert Residence, Elena was unable to sleep. Sighing, she walked downstairs to the kitchen. Opening the fridge, she sighed again as she looked at the bottle of milk.

"Can't sleep?" It was Connor.

Elena spun on her heels but she was alone. She faced the fridge again and Connor was back.

"You know... It makes sense. Guilty conscience."

"You're not here. I'm... I've got to be dreaming." Elena murmured.

"Then how do you know that I'm not here?" Connor smirked.

"Because you're..."

"Come on. Say it." Connor taunted.

"Because you're dead."

"Yes. I am. Was that the first time that you've taken a human life?"

"You're a ghost. It's got to be... You're a ghost. That's... that's what's happening right now. Jeremy. Jeremy! Talia!"

Upstairs, Jeremy woke up. 

"You're a ghost. You're haunting me. You're a ghost. You're haunting me." Elena continously repeated the words.

"Can a ghost do this?" Connor strangled her from behind. Elena elbowed him and pushed him on the table. He got up and came towards her, but Elena grabbed a knife and plunged it in Connor's neck. There was a scream as Elena removed the knife. She had stabbed Jeremy.

"Jeremy!" Talia shrieked as he stood there in shock.

"Oh my god! Oh! Jer! Jer!" Jeremy collapsed as Elena screamed. "Jer! Jer! No, no, no! No! No. No, Jer! Jeremy!"

Talia placed her hands on the gaping wound.

"Do something!" Elena shrieked.

"What the fuck am I meant to do?!" Talia stuttered.

Jeremy's eyes closed.

"No, no, no!" Elena cried.

"Oh, my God!" Talia sobbed. "He's dead!"