Chapter 32: The Birthday Girl

Recap:

Klaus sighed as he looked around the clearing. Ahead of him, he saw trees and more trees. "Ah, looks like we're here," he murmured before he walked ahead. There was a rustling sound coming from the trees and Klaus whipped around, a smirk playing on his lips. "Come out and play."

A creature jumped out and Klaus growled as he slammed the wolf in the tree with a sickening crunch. After a while, the black wolf, clearly injured, transformed into a young woman of Italian descent.

"Well, well, well, what do we have here?" Klaus smirked, his fangs out.

Stefan's eyes were black as he stared at the woman's bleeding arm hungrily.

The woman stared at Klaus, defiant.

Chapter 32:

It had been 4 weeks since Klaus and Stefan were gone. Talia came out of the hospital almost instantly and school had already started.

The entire 4 weeks since Talia came home, everyone was treading on eggshells around Talia. Bonnie, especially, was treating the girl differently. She hadn't done a complete turn as she was still sceptical about her. But she was acting as nice as nice could be.

It was a dreary Thursday morning and Elena was looking depressed as she looked at Stefan's locker.

"Hello! Lena, you listening?" Caroline asked anxiously as she shut her locker with a soft click.

"Huh, wha-" Elena was startled as she looked around at her sister and their blonde friend.

"Caroline was just saying, it's your birthday tomorrow, you planned a party months ago," Talia smiled gently.

"No, I'm not in the mood for a party," Elena mumbled as she half-heartedly opened her own locker.

"Oh, come on!" Caroline groaned. "Please! We've planned so much, it'll be a shame if it goes to waste,"

"I said no, not until I find Stefan, it's been 4 damn weeks since I've heard from him," Elena snapped before she walked away from the two girls.

"Sorry," Talia whispered.

Caroline waved her off as she opened her locker again and pulled out her cheerleading outfit with a heavy sigh. "She'll come around. She has to," Caroline spoke grimly.

Down the corridor, a blond man spotted his girl and he creeped up behind her.

"Matt!" Caroline squealed as Matt lifted her up. The two giggled as Matt carried her away. Talia sighed as she looked at her phone. Just 5 minutes left until first lesson starts. Sighing, she opened her locker and pulled out a book.

"Hey, hot stuff," a voice drawled and Talia groaned inwards as she recognised it. Shutting her locker with a loud bang, she rolled her eyes at Ryan before walking off, clutching her books to her chest. "So, you and Lockwood, huh?" Ryan asked as he rushed to catch up with her.

"Gee, nothing gets past you," Talia muttered as she stood outside the room. A couple of cheerleaders were looking at her and pointing. Talia frowned as she looked at them. She smiled at them, but her smile fell when they scowled. "You want a real man, you'd leave pretty boy and come with me," Ryan winked as he leaned against the wall.

"In your dreams," Talia smirked at him before she started to walk away.

"Hey, sexy," another voice spoke. Talia sighed irritably and turned, and said "Leave me the fu- oh. It's you," Talia smiled.

"What's the matter?" Tyler asked.

"Oh. Oh, nothing, just that creep Ryan being an idiot," Talia smiled as Tyler pulled her into his strong arms. Ryan scowled at the two and he started to walk away, slapping a cheerleader on her backside as he went, causing her to squeal loudly. "Ugh, what a pig."