Chapter 45: Ostracised.

Recap:

"We have someone who will help us!" Damon grinned. Talia just stared at him, shocked. "You can come out now!"

"Ugh," Talia muttered. "It's you. Wait, you invited her in?"

"Nice to see you too, honey pie, and I was already invited in your humble abode!" Katherine drawled as she walked towards her. "You look better without blood covering your face."

Talia scowled at her and stepped towards her when Damon grabbed her arm and subtly shook his head. Talia sighed heavily as she closed her eyes. After approximately one second, she opened them and smiled at Katherine. "How are you, great great grandma?"

"I'm fine," Katherine chuckled.

"I'm gonna go. Gotta get up early. Plus I don't fancy facing Rebekah's wrath if I oversleep." Talia walked out. Once she got to her room, she decided to have a shower. How can I help kill Klaus when he brought Tyler back? Talia could not help but fret. After a while, she changed and she crashed on her bed and dozed off. She tossed and turned as dreams plagued her.

Chapter 45:

It was finally the day of the Homecoming Dance and everything was hectic. Caroline was at the school as she freaked about the dance. Tyler was busy with another one of his errands. Meanwhile, Talia was home alone. Alaric and Jeremy were out of town, Damon thought it was best that the young Gilbert was out of the way. Alaric was reluctant to leave his daughter, but Damon convinced him she would not be harmed. 

"Ugh," Talia murmured as she stirred her hot chocolate. She drank it slowly as she watched the clock tick. Any minute now, her father would call her. As if on cue, her phone rang. "Hey, Dad, yeah, wait, are you using the phone while you're driving? Oh, yeah, speakerphone. Yes, I'm okay, just having breakfast. Dad, I'll be fine. I promise. No, I'll... I'll stay out of the way. I'll stick with Rebekah, you might not like her, but she wouldn't let me come to harm. Yeah, I have a date! Shut up, Jeremy! Okay, I'll talk to you later. Bye." Talia put her phone in her pocket and chuckled at how Jeremy laughed at her not having a date. She did have a date. She decided to make herself another hot chocolate when her phone buzzed. I'm here.

"That was fast," Talia murmured as she grabbed her keys and walked outside. She spotted Rebekah in a Maserati and her mouth fell open. "Lemme guess, you compelled it."

"You know me too well ," Rebekah smirked. "Are you clipped in?" Rebekah looked as Talia chuckled, reaching for her seat belt. "Can't have you getting killed, you're the only one I can stand. Matt too, when he's not with that bimbo. Though I have to say, Elena isn't so bad. Don't tell her I said that! Anyway, we need to pick up the dresses before the plan starts." Rebekah started the powerful car and sped off.

"So you're happy with what's gonna go down tonight?" Talia asked softly.

Rebekah didn't say anything for a long time and Talia took it as a hit. Just as they pulled up to the line of expensive boutiques, Rebekah answered. "I am, Nik has hurt me too much." She smiled at Talia. "Let's quit talking about stupid things and shop!!"

"Deal!" Talia laughed as she got out of the car. Rebekah put on her sunglasses and Talia chuckled as she watched her vampire friend pout prestigiously.

*after two hours*

At the boarding house, Elena was in Damon's room and she was looking at her phone. "Great. Talia's finally got her dress. She'll meet us here with Rebekah I guess. They went shopping together."

"Do you think she'll deliver?" Damon asked her as he prepared the weapons for tonight.

"Yeah," Elena sighed as she picked up the stake she was preparing. "She has to, otherwise we're all screwed. Especially Stefan."