042. blood on our kids

ACT THREE, chapter forty—two :there's blood on our kidsare you being paid to not pay attention?

there's blood on our kids
are you being paid to not pay attention?

ϟ

Umbridge was making everyone's lives utter hell.

And while there was peace being established amongst the Golden Quartet again, they heard the high—pitched shriek of the bloody woman's voice from the entrance hall, "Pardon me, Professor, but what exactly are you insinuating?"

Slowly, the group of four friends crept through the doors of the Great Hall to see Umbridge and McGonagall facing off by the grand staircase. Oh Merlin. Lili nervously clenched and unclenched her hands, eyes nervously darting between the two women. Honestly, the Snape girl could hardly imagine anything more terrifying.

"I am merely requesting that when it comes to my students..." Their Head of House argued with a tone that would make most Seventh Years weep, "You conform to the prescribed disciplinary practices."

"So silly of me, but it sounds as if you're questioning my authority in my own classroom..." Umbridge took a step higher on the stairs to be taller, "Minerva."

"Not at all, Dolores," McGonagall took a step too, levelling the playing field, "Merely your medieval methods."

"I am sorry, dear. But to question my practices is to question the Ministry... and by extension, the minister himself. I am a tolerant woman... but the one thing I will not stand for is disloyalty."

"Disloyalty..." McGonagall murmured in disbelief while she stumbled back down a step.

Umbridge tilted up her ugly little nose and looked out at the sea of shocked faces gazing up at her. Her high voice made their ears ring when she chimed, "Things at Hogwarts are far worse than I feared! Cornelius will want to take immediate action."

Oh, for once Lili was in agreement with the bloody Minister of Magic, immediate action definitely needed to be taken.

ϟ

EDUCATIONAL DECREE NUMBER 1:

Students may not discuss the upsetting events
of last year. Anyone found doing so will be punished.

ϟ

Lili felt herself stirring with bright red fury.