Phase 01: Book 01: Dia rosa rudje (pt. 3)

Previously: Slowly, out of the shadows of the many mine shaft paths, came a huge, grotesque monster!

As it grew closer to the group, it bellowed out through the cavern.

"STONE.........IS MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!"

~Twisted Tonelico~

"MONSTEEEEEEER!!!!!!!"

They began to run away once the beast revealed itself. Gaining some distance as best as they could. No one bothered to look back in fear of it catching up to them. And catching up to them it did, all while shouting that whatever stone still exists in the cave belongs to it and it alone.

"I'VE NEVER SEEN A MONSTER LIKE THAT BEFORE!!!!" Meryu exclaimed.

"HEADMAGE WASN'T KIDDING WHEN HE SAID THERE WERE BEASTS LURKING HERE STILL!!"

"I'M TOO YOUNG TO DIE!!!!" screamed Grim.

They ran until Ace spotted an opening they could hide in. Turning left, he jumped into the cavern, grabbing Meryu and Deuce by the collar, and dragging them further into the darkness.

They all held their breaths in until they heard the monster disappear further down the mine. Once they were sure it was gone, everyone sighed in relief.

"Sheesh... What even was that thing?!" Ace interjected. "If I thought it was gonna be this asinine, I'd call it quits."

Deuce glared at the red head. "Are you serious?! You wanna give up already?!"

"Deuce, that's not what-"

Meryu was immediately cut off by Ace. "And? What are you gonna do about it? Besides, it's your fault we're in this mess!"

"MY FAULT?!"

"Yeah! If you hadn't almost dropped that cauldron on me, we wouldn't even be in this mess!"

"YEAH, WELL... IT'S YOUR FAULT FOR HARASSING HER THIS MORNING!!"

"Guys!-"

"NOT MY FAULT BOTH HER AND THE STUPID CAT STARTED IT!!"

"WHO ARE YOU CALLING A CAT!!!!"

"WILL YOU GUYS SHUT UP?!?!"

Immediately, the duo stopped bickering at the girl's response. "It's ALL OUR faults we're in this mess! And it doesn't help that your argument-" a roar from the monster can be heard echoing near their spot. "Lured the monster back to us." Meryu groaned.

"To be fair, you screamed too..."

Grim leaped out of her hold and made a head start of fleeing. "I'm outta here!!!!"

"Oi! Don't ditch us here!!" Ace gave pursuit with Deuce and Meryu behind him. Running out of their hiding spot, the beast was hot on the group's trail ready to strike.

"SSSSSSSSSTONE ISSSSS MMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINEEEE!!!! YOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUU CAAAAAAAAANNN'T HAAAAAAAAVEE IIIIIIIIITTTT!!!"

"Stone? Could it be talking about a Magestone?!" Meryu shouted to the others.

"So there IS one here. But where?!" Deuce interjected after her.

The beast soon struck the ground behind them, causing a mini earthquake to happen, making everyone lose their balance and fall. Getting her bearings quickly, Meryu looked on in fear at what she saw. Grim and Deuce were both trying to stand back up, oblivious to the monster slowly making its way behind them. They're completely vulnerable. Ace saw this too, eyes wide in horror. He called out to them in a panic: