Chapter 77

The Holzmann's lair

Liz took a breath, an inner part of her being ordered her to stay with her companions while the group waited for the other agents. The darker side of her soul ordered her to go after the mystical presence. The agent kept on with her breathing exercises, every time she showed weakness she sought to cleanse her soul of all ungodliness through the fragrance of the flower perfume and convincing herself of how brave she was. With each step she took into the morbid tunnel of death, the mental power that the Holzmanns exerted over her still grew more intense.

The girl felt that she was in a trance, without the need to turn on a light, she walked with her perplexed gaze on the eyes that moved along the dense darkness. That image reminded her of one of her last visions; without having premeditated it, a new voice startled her.

"Welcome, Miss Sharrow," the voice was distorted and with a low tone, "we knew you were coming, we have been waiting for you," the voice was taking on a more and more human tone until Liz finally recognized it, while the strange yellow eyes produced a flash of white light that ended up revealing the presence of Klaus Günther.

"You again?" Liz muttered, swallowing saliva and trying hard not to lose her sanity, "Why don't you leave me the hell alone, you fucking bastard".

"Sh-h" Another voice shushed her from behind her. Against her will, Liz turned around and began to feel anxious, it was Mr. Holzmann's son, Ludwig "you are about to enter a worship place, the least you should show is a minimum of respect".

She did not expect to meet one of the Holzmanns so soon, she found it so curious that within that impenetrable darkness their figures could be distinguished with full clarity.

"Respect for what you do, screw it!" Liz exclaimed, slamming her fist against a concrete wall.

As she opened her eyes, she could see that Ludwig was no longer in front of her, but he had not completely disappeared; now he was standing firmly next to Dr. Günther.

"This place has belonged to our family for generations" said Ludwig "here it is our power that prevails over every creature, power that we seek to extend beyond the domains designated by our great queen, Anneliese Holzmann; this ..... is her legacy" the calm expression on his face was so distinctive of him, as was the elegance he exuded when he spoke. In spite of that, his words tended to be as overwhelming to her as any evil presence she had seen before- With the help of Doctor Günther, we have managed to understand many other particularities of the power of our blood, with it, we will extend our domains beyond what our carnal bodies shall allow. We will achieve much more than just spreading fear over anyone who dares to confront our powers, we will offer them a better life.

"Wow" Liz faked a smile, slapped her forehead and turned to what seemed to be the image of Günther.

"I see you have invested a lot of your time giving lessons to the little ones, how cute," Liz mocked in her effort not to show weakness, "I really do congratulate you, but no... I don't give a shit what you have to tell me this time, don't look for me anymore, you're just a damned wretch and you have no more power over me".

Ludwig only responded by raising an eyebrow without showing any further astonishment; Günther put his hand to his chin as he pressed his lips together and walked over to Liz.

"Everything you've just said does not represent anything other than a simple delusion of superiority, self-deception in other words" Günther clapped his hands once at the end of his first sentence, "We didn't come looking for you this time, Miss Sharrow, it was you who came looking for us".