Chapter 52

The justice of Reich der Finsternis

The messenger finished reading the sentences; they were all Warren's mercenaries, the woman was another of his collaborators in the investigation of cursed objects. Once finished, the man, known as Rudolf left the stage without looking back and it was then when Ulrike walked up to the prisoners; the audience looked to the side, they knew that something horrible was about to happen. The young woman approached James and initially grabbed him by the cheeks with a seductive look; when it seemed that she would kiss him, she took a dagger from a silver tray and placed it on his throat.

"Look, what a piece of man I have been brought for today" he expressed after a soft mocking laugh "I see in your eyes, that you love females" the man stared into her scarlet eyes; Ulrike was a beautiful woman, but much feared by all who knew her.

"If you're going to do something to me, hurry up, you damned harpy..." before he finished his sentence, Ulrike scratched his face like a wild cat, making him scream in pain. The demented girl licked her fingers with pleasure.

"Men's blood has such a peculiar texture and taste" she expressed drawing a sensual smile and she wielded the dagger again over the man's throat while she grabbed him tightly by the hair "Why don't you repeat the same thing you said to my mother in front of me?" he shook his head, closing his eyes and lips, now he understood the mistake he had made "Come on," the aggressiveness of his voice increased "Don't you have any courage, don't you have any dignity?"

"Stop, please!" pleaded the other man with the last name Wolters. Ulrike let go of James and walked towards the other man; who was making an effort to move away even though the ropes and chains prevented him from doing so.

"You know something dear," Ulrike whispered, leaving her dagger on another tray and picking up a knife with a huge blade, "I saw in you something different from the others," she said looking at her new weapon, "But now I realize that deep down, you are nothing more than fearful kittens," she said also picking up a hand scythe. She made the steel of the knife and the scythe rub against each other, creating a shuddering noise that the condemned were forced to endure "And you know what" she continued approaching Mr. Wolters, at which point more than half of those watching the scene hugged each other and looked away in horror "I can't stand cowards!"

Finishing her last sentence with a scream, Ulrike delivered a powerful stab to the man's stomach, who let out a piercing scream. The girl burst out laughing insanely as she watched the scene, roughly thrust the hand scythe through the incision she had made and with it extracted the man's bowels with a single jerk. She could not stop laughing at the scene.

She had no more energy left to scream. Ulrike ended her grotesque spectacle by taking one last stab at the man's throat, the blood flowed horribly, but the demented woman only moved closer to him to feel the drops of the red liquid running down his face.

The woman among the condemned screamed in terror; her scream was heard even louder than that of the man who had suffered the cruel punishment. In the midst of the crowd, a man fell to his knees on the ground and puked.

"HEY, WAS MACHST DU? (HEY, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?)" shouted Ulrike angrily from the dais with her face covered in blood "STEH SOFORT AUF ODER DU BIST DER NÄCHSTE (STAND UP NOW OR YOU WILL BE NEXT)".

Two of the townspeople came over to the man to help him to his feet and gave him water. Liz had already seen too much during her time in Reich der Finsternis, but this spectacle was already bordering on the grotesque and inhuman for her. Anika embraced her, clinging to her as if she were her mother, deep down, she felt the pain of others.

The woman of the damned, Mrs. Stewart was pale, crying like Liz had never seen an adult cry before. James Miller only withdrew his gaze with deep disgust from the corpse of his companion with his entrails hanging out.