Chapter 89

Family reunion

There he was, their main target, the one they had to finish. Liz could not feel more helpless, Mr. Holzmann was in front of her, she could not give him his deserved end because of the vines that immobilized her, she looked at the leader of the fearsome sect with disdain, in turn, she believed that she had been defeated. The man wore an eccentric mischievous grin, the way he rubbed his two hands together made it clear that he was moved by some particular fact.

"I'll tell you for the umpteenth time," Liz challenged him, suffering from the force of the vines pulling her to the ground, "I'm not joining your shitty army. You no longer have any power over..." Before finishing his sentence, Mr. Holzmann extended his arm towards Liz, the burning sensation in her chest that rarely troubled her had returned, although with less intensity. She didn't understand, they were done with Günther.

"Don't be so naive," he mockingly challenged them, "that opportunity has passed, and you turned it down, and as I said, we would respect your decision. Although all this pain would not have been necessary if you had accepted to collaborate with us" Liz refused to look him in the eyes, seconds later, she could perceive one of the evil presences materializing behind her, followed by pointed nails that slipped between her clothes. The girl was paralyzed with terror, Ulrike had transported herself right behind her, she kept scanning until she found an object that she showed to everyone present, Judith's dagger.

"Oh, look at this!" she cried, grabbing it by the handle and lifting it into the air. Afterwards, he threw it aside, leaving the circle of fire that the duchess had summoned. Before leaving with the rest of her family, she slid one of her fingers over Liz's cheek, giving her a subtle scratch. She reacted by closing her eyes and gritting her teeth, Ulrike's finger pressed against her face to soak up her blood "she has retained her purity" she said in her soft tone of voice "although very subtle, I still feel the elixir of life. It's delicious!"

Mr. Holzmann laughed once more, ordered his priests to take up position next to the statue of Anneliese Holzmann.

"It is a pleasure for us to have such a luxurious guest in the front row to witness one of the most important events in the history of our country," celebrated Mr. Holzmann, the beasts of the forest rejoiced at his words, "Anneliese and I will rule this country. Together we will take our power to the top," the man raised his hands to the sky, a whirlwind of wind and leaves blew through the area.

"And what on earth makes you think your stupid queen would want to collaborate with a vermin like you?" Jake faced him, still immobilized, "It seems to me that she has very different ideas from yours," Mr. Holzmann laughed again.

"She will be at our complete service once she returns," Holzmann repeated, "there is no escape, the time is now and only..." he paused, approaching Liz, bent down to her and grabbed her roughly by the chin, "we only need our main piece".

"You can kill me if you want!" Liz challenged him chuckling with an inquisitive look "but you won't take Anika, she's far away and you won't be able to get to her by any means. Amelie's order still stands, soon you and your goddamned army will be removed from the planet" Friedrich slapped Liz, she felt overwhelmed and defeated, she was trying to talk to her inner self waiting to hear Amelie's advice.

"In spite of everything, irreverence is still one of your major problems" rebuked Mr. Holzmann, extracting a sharp dagger from his tunic and placing it on the chin of an enraged Liz "for the rest, the little one is closer than you could imagine" he pointed with his right index finger towards Liz's forehead "here" he said before sliding the dagger between her breasts "And here" he expressed raising his voice and making that he would stab the girl to put an end to her existence. The action was interrupted by a piercing infant scream.