☁︎ 𝐫𝐞𝐠𝐮𝐥𝐮𝐬 𝐛𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤 - 𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐨 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐣𝐮𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐭 ☁︎

"You okay, love?" Regulus asked , sedately as he entered the desolate slytherin common room

"You okay, love?" Regulus asked , sedately as he entered the desolate slytherin common room. His eyes pivoted sharply to her singular figure lounged upon the leather sofa. His gaze flickered to one of inattentive softness when he perceived the book stretched between the girl's palms.

He strode over to her perch and resided near her with close proximity, the faintest glint of affection withered his stare. "What are you reading?" He inquired. A subtle smile graced his lips, he had missed her over the course of lessons.

"Romeo and Juliet." Her voice was soft like a feather as she kept her eyes on the pages in front of her. To be quite fair, it wasn't unusual to see her with this book as she had read it dozens of times before.

"It's a classic, isn't it?" He remarked, leaning forward to peer over her shoulder and read where she had left off. His close proximity was enough to make anyone's skin crawl. "What's so fascinating about star crossed lovers?" He asked, a hint of teasing laced in his voice.

"Their love for each other is unbelievable." Her eyes glanced up from the words to the crackling fire before her. "I want to have a love story like theirs."

"Such a romantic you are, aren't you?" He questioned, his eyebrows raising ever so slightly. The words had caught him a little off guard. She had never once mentioned anything about wanting a life full of love and romance. "You want something similar?"

"Well, without the tragic ending."

"A life filled with love and happiness, is that what you want?" He asked, his tone shifting slightly. His sharp gaze was fixated firmly upon her. A small smirk formed upon his lips as his eyes traveled around the curves of her face.

She smiled, shifting in her seat a tad to be able to get a good view of him. "Doesn't it sound wonderful?"

"It sounds quite unrealistic to me." He commented. "A life without tragedy and sorrow." He chuckled, a faint hint of amusement flickering through his eyes. "That seems far too perfect. There is always some aspect of life that ends up causing a migraine. You cannot just love and live without any complications. It doesn't work that way in these cruel times."

Her lips tugged downwards into a small frown. "Very true.." She started, her voice quiet. "When you put it like that, it just becomes a dream. One to never come true."

"Exactly." He nodded. "There is always some form of complications to face and obstacles to overcome. Some are easy and some are rather... not so fun. You cannot go through life without facing some challenges." He paused. "But the way I see it, if there is any complications or obstacles, I will be right by your side always. I will always be there for you." He smiled, reaching a hand to gently brush some hair out of her face.

She could not help but quite literally turning her frown upside down. "I love you, you know." Her words were being spoken as she leaned her head into his touch.

"I love you too." He breathed, pulling her into his embrace and wrapping his arms around her. She was so petite, so delicate, her small structure was nothing compared to his. He gently brushed his finger across her cheek, tracing the lines that rested beneath her eyes. It reminded him of when they were younger.