☁︎ 𝐬𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐮𝐬 𝐛𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤 - 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐟𝐥𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 ☁︎

Just be casual

Just be casual. Try some light flirting. That was, word for word, what James Fleamont Potter had advised Sirius. Here he sat, shirtless, on her bed. The pale expanse of his broad chest, branded with unique inky tattoos, was exposed. Light flirting, he reminded himself. Don't over do it.

As their hands connected for a high five — celebratory, as they'd finally passed their N.E.W.T.S. — he decided to intertwine his fingers with hers and declare, "I'm in love with you."

So much for subtlety.

She froze in her place, shock taking over as the pain expression on her features. "In love with me?" She managed to ask, eyebrows furrowing together. "Who put you up to this?"

He had been expecting a response like hers. Not quite the shocked expression, however. She seemed genuinely surprised and not too amused by the sudden declaration. Not yet, at least.

A smirk spread across his chiseled features, eyes dancing mischievously. "Who put me up to this?" He asked, feigning offense at the suggestion that someone else had instructed him to say those words. "Don't you know me better than that? I decided to say it. Of my own free will."

She bit her lip as she let out a small laugh. "Sirius Orion Black, in love with someone like me? Oh come on, I'm no longer that first year that would fall for something like that."

The playful smirk on his face grew a bit wider. The dark-haired boy had no plans to let her think this was a joke, or even a jest. He would give her no room to laugh; no room to question.

He stood up and walked over to her, bringing himself to stand right in front of her. He ran his hands through her raven-black locks, giving her an up and down look, his gaze lingering on her lips. "You're not that first year girl anymore." He said. "You've grown into a beautiful woman."

She bent down slightly to get his gaze back on her eyes before she stood up straight again. "Seriously, what kind of trick are you playing at?"

His smile faltered a bit at her persistent disbelief. He thought he could play that game — play it casually, be light and teasing. But her apparent skepticism threw a wrench in those plans.

"Stop doubting me." The tall boy said, sounding frustrated. "Just believe me when I say I am in love with you. And not in the friendly 'I care about you' way. Not in the 'let's have some fun' way. I'm.." He trailed off, struggling to find words. He swallowed. "I'm romantically in love with you."

She scanned his eyes in silence for a few moments, checking for any hint of a joke or a lie. She had never been in love before, let alone had a serious boyfriend. But she couldn't deny the fact that she found him attractive. "Teach me how to love." She whispered.

Sirius' breath stalled at her response. He didn't expect her to ask him such a thing; in fact, he planned on showing her, and slowly but surely have her realize she was in love with him too. He could feel his heart pounding in his chest as he stepped forward, closing the small distance between their bodies. He leaned into her, his warm breath fanning across her skin. "We have all of our lives to learn." He whispered. He let his gaze wander down to her lips and then back up to her eyes. "Let's start now."

She stood up on her toes to press her lips softly against his. They fit together perfectly, moving with each other in sync. She had always been afraid to fall in love, afraid to get hurt by someone who shrugged gave her world, he knew that much. But Sirius? He was a good acceptance.

He kissed her back without hesitation. Without a pause. He let his hands wander to her waist, gripping her soft flesh and tightening his hold just enough to show that her body belonged to him — only him. It was a powerful thing, knowing they now shared a connection so intimate.

Breaking the kiss, he ran his fingers through her dark locks and whispered, "I'm not going to break your heart. I'm never going to hurt you. You're safe with me."

"I'm counting on that." She whispered, her voice almost inaudible despite the silence in the room. Her heart was racing in her chest.

He could feel the weight of her trust; the weight of her fragile heart lying in the palm of his hands. He was determined to be careful with her. It'd be easy to take her and treat her the way so many wizards treated the women they desired.

But those men didn't understand love. And she deserved to be loved the right way.

He wrapped his arms around her, kissing her forehead before nuzzling into her neck. "Promise me you'll be brave with me, and I promise to give you everything."

"I promise."