(Chapter 2) Getting To Know Each Other, OUR BEGINNING

"Hi, my name is Rayne", she said

Clearing my throat, I told her my name was Kellen.

"Kellen wow, what a lovely name you have", she replied

Smiling at her, I said "But not as lovely as you are"

Blushing at my words, she asked if we could carry on swimming, to which I replied, "Definitely"

It felt like hours we were out in the water, fooling around before we decided to head back to our towels and stuff.

Climbing up first, I held out my hand to give her a lift up, which she gladly accepted and I pulled her up.

Going for her towel, she took it and wiped off her wet skin, thereafter she placed her towel down on a flat surface and laid on it. Going next to her with my towel, I sat down beside her.

Together we sat, spoke about ourselves and got to know each other a bit better.

We took turns asking each other questions.

By the time it was time to leave, we parted as friends after learning all that we could about the other.

Going our separate ways or should I say the same way, we didn't seem to take notice.

Arriving at our houses, we went in without looking back.

For the next couple of days we met each other in the same place and spent our time together having fun. Rayne was a very adventurous girl and I soon learnt about how much she loved exploring.

She told me that she lived with her parents and her brother and I told her about my parents accident and about my sister and grandma as well and just like that the days went by... .

After spending weeks together at the beach, one day, I told Rayne I would give her a lift home, to which she agreed to.

Jumping into my car, Rayne directed me to her house from the beach.

Noticing we were going in the same direction as my house. I stayed silent and waited for her to tell me when to stop....

As we approached my house, she asked me to stop.
Looking at her like she was playing a prank on me, I waited for her to speak.

She pointed to the house directly opposite my house and said that was her house. Kissing me on the cheek, she opened her door and stepped out, waving goodbye.

She then opened her gate and went into her house, closing the door behind her.

Trying to get over the fact that we were neighbors and didn't realise it, I drove into my driveway, parked, then jumped out my car and went inside.

As I got to my room, I couldn't help looking out my balcony glass door and into her bedroom window.

I saw her light on and the silhouette of her as I have seen every night since I have moved here. It's just that I could never have imagined it could possibly be her....

Face-palming myself, I carried on watching her silhouette as she was undressing herself.

More days went by and we still met each other at the beach, but it was on that one particular day that I decided to push my fears aside and do what I really wanted to do.

As we were both swimming together, I grabbed her around her waist and made her stop.

Looking at me to see what I was doing, she was about to say something but I didn't give her the chance to, before I pulled her body against mine and locked my lips with her's.