(Chapter 22) Trying To Get My Attention

Rayne

After coming home from college, Bianca rushed to me to tell me that Prince Kellen was looking for me and he said to send me to him, as soon as I came home.

Thinking to myself what drama did I get involved in now, I went into our room.

Stepping inside, I saw him, so I asked "You wanted to see me?"

Instead of answering, he gave me a look that said I was the prey, and he was the predator, he pulled my neck down and kissed my lips hard.

Caught by surprise, I managed to recover quickly as I kissed him back.

Once we pulled apart he said he needed that because he had an hectic day.

Thinking to myself, I don't mind you kissing me or even fucking me, because it's getting us closer together and most of all Kellen is my husband, so it's my duty to relieve that stress for him.

That's how I am here now in the kitchen preparing something for my husband to eat, so he could relax afterwards.

I don't mind staying here to look after him, I can always go and see the shelters tomorrow, today my husband needs me and I will make myself available.

Making some cottage pie, I took it up for him once it was ready.

Opening the door, I went in with his food and saw his eyes light up when he smelled the sweet aroma.

Placing it down for him, I handed him a fork and knife to start eating.

As I began to get up to go, I felt him hold my hand, telling me to sit down with him.

He asked if I ate and I said "Yes, I just did while cooking for him."

With a slight nod, he began eating, moaning at the taste of it all.

When he was done he told me how delicious it was and thanked me.

I asked him if he would like something to drink and he said "Some wine would be good thanks."

Going to pour some, I came back and gave him it.

"Rayne, I need to speak to you about something important"

Showing him that I am listening, he carried on speaking.

"Rayne, I know about everything you have been up to all these days, hell I even know about the trust fund your dad had set up for you. What I want to know is why? Why are you using that money for or on other things instead of building your own practise, like you planned on doing?" he asked

Looking at him, I replied, "You see when I married you, I left my studies, so I felt my dream was over, that's why I am using that money for people that need it, if by any chance, I run out of money, I don't mind going to work to earn more money."

Shaking his head, Kellen said "You really are a one in a million lady, other's would never think in the way that you do, honestly."

Smiling at Kellen, I sat down next to him.

"Rayne, I was wondering if you would be interested in taking over some of my projects in the orphanages or maybe you could just come with me tomorrow to work to see what you might be interested in?"

Looking at Kellen, I said "Really, you would take me?"

"Yes I would, Mia Regina", he replied

"OK then since tomorrow is Saturday and I have no classes, I will come with you", I said, then made a move to get up.

"Where are you going to now?", he asked

"To wait for Lucia to come home, because I told her I will be standing and waiting for her at the palace gate" , I replied with a duh tone