(Chapter 48) She Is Mine Now

Dario

Getting caught wasn't what I expected. My plan was to take Rayne and go but that stupid man ruined my plans. He had me thrown in his dungeon.

He isn't as smart as he thinks he is though because he didn't realise his guards were my men and the minute I was sent to the dungeon, they helped me escape.

Now as I enter Rayne's room, I see her sleeping. Trying to be as gentle as possible with her, I am carrying her off her bed to take her away from this place.

Looking down at her, I can't help the way my heart beats for her.

Knowing she is asleep, I bend down and kiss her, telling her, "We will be home soon".

Before I know it, she opens her eyes and looks at me in fear. As she now tries to get away from me, I am left with no other choice but to put the chloroform against her mouth so she can't escape me.

Knowing that she is knocked out, I carry her out the room and through the back entrance where my car is waiting for about couple of hours now.

Getting in, I ordered the driver to get a move on before anyone realises what's going on.

Tucking Rayne in my arms more securely, I look out the window as the car moves further away from the palace, away from my good for nothing cousin, who managed to get everything I deserved.

This time though, he didn't have the one thing that his heart treasured the most 

His precious wife!

I knew she meant everything to him,that he honestly really loved her and would give up everything for her in a heartbeat, but I had no desire to grant him that option because she is the one thing out of everything Kellen had that I most wanted.

Just like how Kellen loved her, so did I.

There was just something about Rayne that made me feel this way.

Lost in my thoughts of the love my heart holds for Rayne, I didn't hear the panic in my driver's voice.

Seeing that he couldn't get my attention, he banged on the glass hard, which made me jump.

Getting my attention, he screamed that there were 5 black SUV's on our tail.

Panicking I told him to speed up and loose the vehicles.

Doing just that, we hit a red traffic light as we sped further away.

"Shitttttt, my driver screamed

"It's fine, just go... ", I screamed

After what felt like hours, when really it was 15 mins, my driver informed me that there was no sign of the SUV's any longer.

"Bart, get us to our destination now", I agitatedly barked.

Nodding his head, he drove us straight towards our destination.

Closing my eyes in relief, I was slammed awake when I felt a terrible pain on my head and felt Rayne flying out of my arms.

It all happened in a split second. Our car was smashed and I was thrown out the window, landing on my back next to a tree a short distance from the car.

Slowly I tried to move as excruciating pain ran miles through my entire body.

Picking my head abit up, and looking around me, I finally managed to spot Rayne a short distance away from me.

Putting all the strength, I could muster, I pulled myself to her and saw that she was hurt very badly and was still unconscious.

Her head was bleeding profusely along with lots of other places which I could not even make out properly, due to the pain radiating through me.

Putting my head against her chest, I tried to listen for a heartbeat and heard it very faintly. Taking Rayne's hand, I tried feeling for a pulse there as well and let out a held back breath as I found it.

Thanking the heavens, I said a silent prayer.

Letting go of Rayne, I adjusted myself to move.

I knew we needed help and with the rate, Rayne was bleeding, she would die soon if she didn't get help.

Looking around, I saw that a SUV was the vehicle, that crashed into us. It was completely smashed and it was obvious the driver was dead with the way his body was hanging out the vehicle.

Pulling myself towards him, I patted around his body, checking for a phone that I could use to call for help but found nothing.

It must be inside his vehicle, but going in, would have been impossible with how smashed up everything was.

Deciding to give up my search by him, I pushed myself to go to my car to search for a phone there and seeing that my car was not totally ruined, I had hope.

As I dragged my body around, I knew I was getting cut from all the shattered glass on the ground, but I just couldn't give up hope yet.

Rayne's life now depended on me. I had to find a way to help her.

Dragging myself to my car, I pulled myself inside. Seeing my driver's dead body, I felt nauseated, but knew I had to move past it.

Using my upper body and hands to search around I found nothing.

Remembering about a place, I knew I would definitely find a phone stored, I dragged my body in another direction in the car to get it.

Reaching inside the compartment, I found the emergency phone stored there.

Taking it and placing it in between my lips, I began moving out the car.

As I was almost completely out, I could smell smoke, and it was getting stronger.

Pushing myself to move faster out to get to Rayne, I cried out in pain as I felt my skin ripping.

Setting my pain aside, I made myself move.

Rayne is all that mattered at this moment, I had to save her, were the only thoughts that consumed my mind.

Just as I reached Rayne, I was thrown on top of her, as a blast went off.

Getting off her, I turned back to see where the blast came from and saw that it was the SUV that blew up.

Knowing that it would only be a matter of time before the fire spread to my car, causing it to blow up, so I had to speed things up to get us out of here.

Taking the phone that flew out my lips a few centimeters away, I dialed the only person who could help me, my best friend, who was like a brother to me, the only person who stuck with me through thick and thin and his name is Darryn.

"Got your location, I am on my way bud, see you soon", Darryn said before the line went dead.

Taking Rayne's hand in mine to feel her pulse once more before we get rescued, I smiled as I felt it, showing me, she was hanging on.

Finally I let myself go, I closed my eyes, as the pain took over, causing me to black out.