(Chapter 16) Our Night Out Together

Kellen

Coming back from the museum, I went to my room to shower and get ready, but nothing would have prepared me for what I was listening to.

I won't call what I was doing as eavesdropping or spying but more like safeguarding myself.

Slowly peeking in, I saw Rayne relaxing in the tub and Everly was on her wheelchair with her back facing towards me as they spoke.

I heard Everly asking Rayne questions and she answered them, but the question that really got my attention was when Rayne was asked if she loves me and she answered straight away.

I don't know if it's true or not but it made me smile hearing her answer.

When I heard Rayne say that her water had gotten cold, I knew that was my cue to go out but I didn't, I carried on standing there, until Rayne stood up in front of Everly and asked her to pass her, her towel.

Awe struck and feeling the immediate rise in my pants, I moved back against the bed. That's why when Everly came out, she was shocked to see me on the bed and asked me how long I was there.

Somehow managing to bring down the tent in my pants, it rose again as I saw Rayne walk out the bathroom after Everly, and go to her closet.

Quickly I got up and went into my closet before anyone could see the lack of control I was experiencing.

Hearing Everly go, I finally could breathe a little. So I pulled off my shirt and looked for what I was going to wear tonight.

Then Rayne decided to come out of her closet wearing only a robe, not being able to stand this excitement growing in my pants, I went into the bathroom.

Turning the shower onto full, I waited until my body adjusted to the temperature of the water.

That was when I used my hand to relieve myself, under the pouring water, just a room away from her, I imagined her body and let myself spray the shower wall.

Feeling a bit relieved, I closed the water and got out.

Going out, my lack of self control returned when I saw Rayne sitting on the bed, bending down and applying lotion to her legs, revealing her entire cleavage.

Thinking to myself that this woman is really going to drive me crazy. I saw her go into her closet and close the door.

Thinking to myself that she must be busy looking for something to wear, I opened her door and stepped inside, finding her with only her panty on, bending down to put her stockings on.

As soon as she saw me, she stood up and tried to block her breasts, which I thought was really futile, seeing as I have seen everything already, so I let her know about hiding from me.

Stepping out, I closed the door and carried on dressing up.

When the door opened again, I was lost for words because time after time, my wife seems to astonish me with her beauty, I knew the dress I picked would look great on her but seeing how great, was beneath me.

Putting on her shoes and earrings, I saw her stand up and walk to her closet once again, then when she came out, I knew what she went in for, the smell of her was everywhere.

Telling me she would be right back, she left the room.

Going to my car, I sat and waited for her.

Seeing her coming out wearing my mother's necklace, made me feel proud that atleast I got to see that necklace on her once so far.

Once she got in, I drove us off to the exhibition, anticipating the events of this evening.

Arriving at the venue, my phone rang, showing me it was an important associate, so I asked Rayne to go in so long, I will be there soon.

Watching her walk away, I returned to my call.

Moments later after I cut my call and made my way inside, I noticed abit of commotion at the entrance of the museum. Moving closer, I could hear my wife trying to explain to the doorman that she was my wife, but he didn't believe her, pushing her out forcefully.

Feeling my anger rising, I caught her as she was about to fall, pulling her against me, I asked the doorman in the calmest manner, which expressed not the least bit of calm but anger, "Is this the way you treat your queen when she is telling you over and over that she is here with me?"

Clearly shaking, the doorman appologised to Rayne and asked for forgiveness.

Taking Rayne's hand in mine, I led her inside. Once she was inside, I picked up her chin and asked if she was alright, nodding her head Yes, I kissed her perfect lips, then got 2 glasses of red wine, offering her one.

Taking it, she tasted it by taking one sip. Not liking it, her face contorts in a puckered expression.

Laughing at her expression, I asked the waiter to get me a glass of chardonnay instead. Once I received it, I gave it to her and she tasted it, saying it was much better than what I was drinking.

Some gentle music was playing in the background, so I asked her if she would like to dance, which she agreed to.

Taking her hand, I pulled her towards me gently and placed her hand on my shoulder while my hand went around her waist.

Putting her other hand around my neck, she then placed her head on my shoulder and we swayed to the soft sounds.

Dancing together made everybody else disappear from our minds, leaving just the 2 of us. Like that we danced for a while until, I felt a tap on my shoulder.

Turning back to see who was disturbing me, I saw that it was the museum manager who whispered to me that it's time for the exhibition to start. Kissing Rayne on her forehead, I asked her to excuse me for a short while because I needed to address everyone there.

Reluctantly she let me go, while she went to ask the waiter for a refill of her chardonnay.

Going towards the front of everyone, when I heard my name being called, I unraveled our newest Yangchuanosaurus
bones for all present to see.

Seeing their astonished faces, I went ahead and spoke to them all about our findings, impressing them even more.

Before I could end my speech, I gave thanks to all my Paleontologists, calling them to the front for all to see, the amazing people that do this job for our country.

Next I called upon my manager, who is the heart of this museum  and makes it the place that it is.

Lastly I gave thanks to all that attended and wished them well for the evening.

Walking off the stage, I looked around for Rayne and found her, sitting at the bar sipping her chardonnay and chatting to the bartender.

I saw the way he was looking at her and I didn't like it one bit.

Going to her, I told her that it was time to leave.