(Chapter 20) Giving Her A Chance To Continue Her Studies

Kellen

Waking up early, I unwrapped my arms from around Rayne, getting off the bed and going into the bathroom.

I showered and came out, looking at my beautiful wife, I wondered where she had gotten money from to pay for everything yesterday because from the time I brought her here, not once did she ever ask me for money like other wives or girlfriends would.

I had to find out.

Having dressed up, I gazed at her once more before I left. Going into my office, I managed to do some investigation into her accounts and saw that she was using money from her trust fund that her father had set up for her to open her practise with.

"Why would she do that" I thought out loud, when the obvious answer came to me.

It's because she left her studies, I remembered.

Making a few phone calls, I arranged for her to continue her studies again, but also I made it look like my grandma did it.

I just had to speak to grandma about saying that.

Getting up from my seat, I walked out into the garden where I knew I would be sure to find my grandma.

Going up to her, I said "Nonna, ho bisogno di chiederti un favore, per favore."("Grandma, I need a favor to ask of you please.")

Looking up at me, she called me to sit by her as she asked me to speak

"Well I would like to arrange for Rayne to continue with her studies, but I don't want her to know I was the one to do it" I mumbled, knowing my grandma would have heard me clearly because that was how sharp her ears were.

Raising her eyebrows, grandma said, "First you need to be honest with me and tell me the truth about what is going on in your marriage. I am an old woman with years of experience, mio figlio (my son). I know when something isn't right in a marriage and something isn't right in yours. Per favore parlami (Please speak to me)"

Looking at my grandma, I told her that I only married Rayne for revenge sake, going on to exactly why I wanted revenge on Rayne and what had happened to make me do this.

She then asked me when I had slept with Rayne, was she a virgin or not, to which I told her, that she was definitely.

Shaking her head my grandma said Mio figlio, what have you become, doing this to an innocent la femmina.

Looking at grandma, "I said Nonna, you know that it's only you and Everly that matters the most to me. So I have to do this to make Rayne and her family pay for what Everly went through."

"No, no, non è proprio così, se ritieni che la colpa sia del fratello di Rayne, devi risolvere la questione con lui, non fare questo a Rayne" ("No, no this is really not the way, if you feel Rayne's brother is to be blamed, you have to sort it out with him, do not do this to Rayne."). You have to let her go, let her go back to her home, I will speak to her parents, if you want, grandma said.

Feeling panic raising in me, I said No don't do that, I won't allow her to go ever, because Lei è Mia (she is mine).

Smiling at me, grandma says "Only time would tell us whether she belongs here or not. As for Rayne's studies, I trust you know what's best, so I will not say you are the one doing it"

Thanking my grandma by ravishing kisses around her face, I went back in to sort out the last minute details for Rayne going to study.

Feeling proud of having Rayne, get a chance to study again, I grabbed my keys and ran out to my car to go and check out the construction site.