(Chapter 28) Finally I See It

Kellen

Coming out my office, I heard grandma call out to me. Stopping and walking towards her, she asked me to meet her in her chambers.

Entering grandma's chamber's, I went in.
Taking a seat opposite grandma, I said Nonna, you wanted to see me?

"Yes my boy, firstly I want to say, you know I went to see Rayne and seeing her in the condition, she is in, makes me want to kill you honestly. The truth is that I don't think she is going to come back to you ever. What you did to her, it's going to be very hard for her to forgive. I managed to convince her to carry on with her studies and after she is done, I want you to divorce her, because you don't deserve that girl at all"

"Please don't say that, Nonna, I cannot live without Rayne in my life. You know the reason I am doing what I am doing, it's for Everly's sake, if it wasn't, I know I would never have treated her bad"

"Speaking about Everly, she and I need to have a heart to heart conversation as soon as she comes back. I feel that conversation is going to be the one thing, Rayne is going to need to get away from you and the one thing that's going to leave you full of regrets for your doings", grandma said

"There is nothing that can make me regret my doings at all" , I said before I walked out grandma's chambers.

Walking up to my room, I thought to myself, did I really not regret my doings?

Going into my bathroom to shower, when I looked around, I could still see Rayne there with me. I still felt like I was touching her skin, running my tongue and lips along her body. I could actually still see in my mind's eye, when I had asked her to look at me, the feelings she had for me when I brought her to her ecstasy.

My body still craves for her because she is like my little drug.
Finishing up, I got out and went to my bed after dressing up.

Getting into my bed, I remembered how she used to sleep, tucked into my chest when we slept.

Holding her and sleeping always felt good and now she wasn't here.

My king size bed felt like a king size bed, too big for me. I missed so many things about Rayne, her smile when she realises she is in my arms when she wakes up, her small sweet kisses on my face.

The love and care I felt like giving her, every minute of everyday. I wanted to share in her every joy and sorrow, she experienced.

I let my hatred for what Everly went through, stop me from showing Rayne, what I really felt for her.

I didn't see it sooner but I was crazy about Rayne.

Seeing her smile was like my ray of hope in life, hearing her voice, made my heart beat faster and having her next to me, was my safe haven.

I knew I had so many responsibilities but with Rayne here with me, I felt I was capable of dealing with everything in the correct direction.

The pain hit me now, about what I have really done to Rayne, just because of my obsession with her, I might have destroyed my life with her.

In the 3 years, I was dating her, I tried to deny it so hard but I loved each and every moment of it, each and every second I had spent with her, even if it meant doing what she wanted and I needed to tell her that.

Running out my room, I ran down the stairs, I was going to apologise to Rayne, tell her about what her brother did to my sister and ask her to forgive me for my actions, I was wrong, but I did it all because I was crazy about her.

Reaching the bottom of the steps, grandma's cane stopped me.

"Where are you going to?", grandma asked

"Nonna, I am going to see Rayne to apologise to her", I told grandma

"No, you won't be going there tonight Kellen, Rayne needs to sort out herself today. Please just give her some space, I am requesting you", grandma said

Thinking about what grandma said, I told her "OK, I won't go now, I promise, but tomorrow nothing can hold me back from seeing Rayne"

Going back to my room, I decided to do some work to help keep my mind off Rayne, because all I wanted was to be with her.

Deciding to read more letters from my people, I opened them up.

14/03/2024

Dear King

I want to tell you that I am so grateful to your wife for helping my kids and I out. I am a single mother who lost her job recently but I have managed to get a job to provide for my family because of your wife. She spoke to the manager of the store near me and that same afternoon he called me to tell me to come and start work the next morning. Please can you thank her for me and give her my love. Thanks

Opening another letter, I read the same thing, about how grateful the person was to my wife.
Going through another letter, which caught my interest, it read...

01 April 2024

Dear King

I am writing this letter for your advice.

How can I make my husband love me. Our relationship started a bit over 3 years now. He always showed me he loved me in those 3 years, but after he married me, he treated me like trash. I don't even know what I could have done to make him hate me. All I have ever done was love him with all my heart and soul. Why would he treat me like this. He has been my first in everything but he acts like I committed unlawful acts towards him. What could make a husband feel this way towards his wife?

I shall await your answer

Regards

Looking at this letter over and over again, I knew who wrote it. I knew who wanted my love but I kept denying her it.

Taking the letter and placing it against my heart, I whispered to the heavens, "Oh my Rayne, I do love you, honestly I do. I was just too blind to see it, I was blinded by my need for revenge for my sister, that I failed to see that my true love is standing before me. I am so sorry baby, I really am. With those last thoughts, I fell off to sleep.