Epilogue

Kellen

7 Years later

Today marks 7 years since my beloved wife, my Rayne had passed away.

Today marks the day 7 years ago, my wife, left me, when she was killed in a car explosion after my cousin finally succeeded in kidnapping her.

The pain is still so raw in my heart and mind, all it does is fill me with absolute regret.

I would do anything to restart that day.

I would never have left her alone.

My gorgeous daughter Saley lost her beloved mum and she doesn't even know it.

She thinks her mum is Gia, whom I was forced to marry 6 years ago because I needed a wife, a princess so I could take over the throne completely.

My grandma had a stroke when she heard about Rayne's tragic death and that's why I was rushed to take over the throne.

***************************

"Daddy, daddy, please can you tell mummy to give me back my chocolates", my little girl cried

"Princess, you know daddy hates to see you cry, please stop and tell me what's wrong, ok?", I asked calmly as I bent to her level.

Wiping her eyes, she looked at me with her big girl eyes and narrated her dilemma to me...

"Daddy, aunt Everly came today to see me and she brought me a basket full of chocolates, which I was eating in my room but mummy was walking past my room when she saw me eating it.... She came into my room and took all away from me and said I can't have it. Daddy, you are the king, please can you take it away from mummy and give it to me. It's mine daddy, aunt Everly brought it for me because she said I am her favourite niece", Sadey said as the tears were close to bursting once again.

"Princess, I will get it back from mummy, I promise. Let's just get you to bed now and when you wake up in the morning, then you will see all your chocolates will be by you ok", I coaxed

"Do you promise, daddy?", my little girl asked

"Daddy and King's promise my love" I gleamed at her.

"Thank you daddy", she said as she ran straight into my arms, hugging me tight.

Feeling my precious daughter's arms around my neck, fills me up with so much of joy but also sadness too because I wish Rayne was here to see her growing up, to be able to see how adamant she is, about things she wants to go her way, how much really our little girl is like her.

Saley is so independent and never troubles anyone here.

She has brought so much of joy and laughter to all our lives in the palace and whenever we go out, my country's people are always in awe of her.

She has really shown alot of love and attention to everyone around for a 7 year old child.

That's why she is known as the people's princess all around.

Walking to my room after tucking my little girl in bed, I went to confront Gia for making Saley sad.

Reaching my door, as I pushed it opened, I am suddenly taken aback by the sight in front of me....

Gia is on the bed with all of Saley's chocolates in front of her.

She is sitting and eating it after making my baby cry.

"What is the meaning of this, Gia?"

Looking at me, like she has done nothing wrong at all, she asks, "What are you talking about, Kellen?"

Flabbergasted, I said, "Why did you take Saley's chocolates from her and why are you eating those same chocolates?"

"Oh Kellen, Saley is a small girl and she shouldn't eat these chocolates, they are too expensive for her!", she replied back

What the fuck Gia, are you hearing yourself, if anything you should be the one who is wondering, if you deserve it or not, instead of my child.

Not even bothered by what I was saying to her, Gia carried on eating Saley's chocolates, opening one after the other and popping it in her mouth.

Feeling absolutely pissed by Gia odious behavior, I walked out of my room.

Going to my office, I called Everly to ask her where exactly had she bought the basket of chocolates from before narrating the entire story of what happened to Saley.

"Kellen, my king, please don't stress, I have more of the chocolates here because I bought extra, so I will make a new basket and send it before morning to my princess.", Everly said

"Thank you so much Everly, you are the best", I praised her

"No need for thank you's, dear brother, I would do anything for my favorite niece, you know that", she said

Laughing at Everly, I said, "Really Everly...., Saley is your only niece", as I rolled my eyes.

Laughing back at my words, Everly said, "I know that but if it makes our little girl happy hearing me say that, then I will always say that!"

After a beat of silence, Everly cleared her throat before saying, "Kellen, you have got to do something about Gia, the way she treats Saley is not right. It's either you sort her out or I will!"

"I know, sis, I want to get rid of her but due to my obligations to this country and the fact that Saley loves and thinks that Gia is her mother, stops me every time.", I reply back sadly

Saying our goodbyes, we ended the call shortly after.

Thinking back to how I ended up marrying Gia and the promises she made to always put Saley's needs before her own, I am left feeling more depressed than usual.....

Well guys this brings us to the end of this book. I do hope you all have enjoyed it and will hopefully join me in discovering the story of book 2. I have not come up with a name for it as yet but all I can say is that, I know it's going to leave you guys at the edge of your seats as truths are revealed, revenge is completed and 2 rightful people find each other again, so till then I would appreciate some feedback on what you guys feel will happen and your expectations. Above is a pic of Saley, just to show you Kellen's and Rayne's little girl
Love you, Amy Bernet