(Chapter 3) Our Beginning (Part 2)

That afternoon, I went to college to pick Rayne up.

I carried a bunch of roses for her.

Standing outside waiting for her, I saw her coming out with her friends, laughing at whatever they were saying.

As soon as she saw me, her smile dropped and she looked at the roses in my hand.

Going up to her, I gave her the roses, which she took, then smiled and asked what was I doing there?

Looking at her in the eye, I told her, I was there to pick her up, so after saying her goodbyes to her friends she followed me to my car.

Once we got in, she turned to me and asked, "What is the meaning of this?"

"There is only one meaning to this, Rayne, I am going to win you over and show you how much I really do like you" , I stated proudly

"Kellen I told you already", she began to say but I cut off her words by pulling her head down and capturing her lips with mine.

She tried to pull away but I didn't let go, biting down onto her lip softly, until she opened up for me.

Exploring her mouth felt so good and I didn't want to stop but I managed to eventually.

Looking at her red swollen lips, I smiled and said, "I am not going to stop trying until you are mine, so be prepared for it"

Looking out the window as I drove her home, she played with her fingers.

As we reached her house, she asked me to leave her a few houses further down, because she didn't want her parents to see her coming in my car right now.

Telling her "ok", I dropped her off at the corner of the road.

As she opened the door, I held her hand, making her look at me, then I told her that I will pick her up in the morning, from here, to which she replied ok to.

Driving away from her, I checked the time and realised I needed to pick up Everly from university before it got too late.

Arriving at university, I saw Everly hugging a guy before coming to me.

"So who is that now?", I asked

"That my dear brother, is the love of my life", she said

"Love of your life, you say, does grandma know about him", I fished her with an interested look

"Look grandma doesn't know about him and you know fully well what she would say if she were here", she replied

Looking at each other, we smiled and imitated our grandma together

"Everly, you know you are the promised bride of another", we both squeaked out and burst out laughing.

"I know Kellen, I am promised to someone else but I really really love Arlo and want to marry him, please don't stop me from seeing him", she begged.

"OK, ok, I won't. Speaking of finding someone, even I have met someone I am interested in, as soon as she agrees to be with me, I will let you meet her", I beamed

"Omg, the mighty Kellen, the boy who always told me from small, how he would never find anyone and grandma and I were the only 2 ladies he would ever love, has finally found someone else to love", Everly shouted, getting a few passerbys to look at us.

"Shhhh! You know I have no interest in females but with her, it's like a tug to my heart strings, she makes me feel feelings I have never felt before, at times I get scared because of these feelings. I am suppose to be this big strong person who would lead his people one day and here I find myself feeling like all these teenagers who fall in love so easily! I wish I didn't feel this way but I can't help it, there is just something about her, the way she reacts to things, the way she carry's herself, everything about her drives me to her"

"Looks like you are deeply in love with her, my dear prince!" Everly states.

I smile at her.

"I wish you the world of happiness, brother", Everly says and then hugs me.

As we drive off home, we both are silent, thinking about the people we are in love with. When we arrive home, we jump off and go inside.

Inside we find aunt Mady, setting the table for us to eat.

"You both better run along and wash your hands if you all want some dinner", she says

Like small kids we race up the stairs to the bathroom to wash our hands, the smell of our dinner, making us more excited

After we washed up, we sat down, when Aunt Mady started dishing up for us and then sitting down, with her dinner at the table with us. At once we tucked in and couldn't help stuffing our mouths and licking our fingers with how delicious our food tasted.

Once we were done, we helped to wash up and headed for our rooms.

Going to my balcony door, I opened it and stepped outside to get some fresh air, when I saw Rayne's bedroom light turn on.

As usual, I sat on my chair and watched her, until she was done.

As soon as she switched off her light, I went in to shower and catch up on some paperwork.

After a few hours, I felt my eyes starting to close, so I shut down my laptop and went to bed, dreaming of Rayne saying yes to becoming mine.