(Chapter 4) Finally She Agreed

The next morning, I got up when my alarm clock rang.

Hoping into the shower, I washed and got out quickly.

Drying myself up as I looked for some clothes to wear. Finally deciding on some kaki shorts and a polo shirt, matched with my favorite white Lacoste sneakers, I quickly applied some cologne before grabbing my BMW keys and ran out.

Parking at the corner of the road, I waited for Rayne to come. What felt like close to an hour, which really was a few minutes, I saw her jogging to my car.

Getting out my car, I went to her side and opened the door for her to get in.

"Good morning and thanks", she said, before taking her seat, as I closed her door.

Walking to the driver's side, I got in and started the engine to go. I could smell her vanilla perfume all around my car and couldn't help loving the feeling and smell of it.

Looking at her, I asked if she would like to go for coffee before class, to which she politely agreed to.

Driving to Starbucks, as we got out the car, I could see how nervous she was.

Taking her hand in mine, which caused her to stare up at me, I tried to make her feel abit more comfortable, by gentle rubbing my thumb against her hand, as I smiled at her and asked, "What would you like to order?"

Returning my smile in a shy manner, she replied back that whatever I got her, would be fine.

Going straight to the counter while still holding her hand, I purchased 2 cappuccino and some scones for us.

Walking back to the car, I could clearly still see how nervous she was, so I asked if she wanted to sit there or go to the park to have our drinks.

She chose the park.

As soon as we got there, we found an empty bench and sat down.
I gave her, her drink, which she took but declined the scones, saying she had already had breakfast at home. Together we sat and drank our cappuccinos, as I asked her about her day ahead and what she had planned.

"I have classes the entire day but later after school, I might take a walk to the beach", Rayne said

I couldn't help noticing how she kept looking at her fingers, showing me once again, how nervous she was.

Placing my index finger under her chin, I lifted her face up until her eyes met mine.

As she looked at me, I placed a small kiss on her lips and told her "we need to leave now for you to make it in time for your first class."

Realising the time, she stood up and we walked towards my car.

I dropped her off at college and told her I would be back later to pick her up. She replied "Ok" before walking off.

Driving myself home, I went into my small office to complete my work, before a call came through from my grandma.

"Hello there my boy, how are you doing?" she greeted

"Grandma, I am doing well and you, how are you managing there?" , I asked

"Kellen, you know I am getting old now, I am patiently waiting for you to return so you could choose a bride and take over your rightful duties. Son, the time for me to step down is fast approaching, so please be considerate of this old lady and hurry up", she whined

"Grandma, you know you and Everly are the most important people in the world to me and I would do anything you both ask, but just give me abit more time, to finish up here please. I promise as soon as I am sorted, I will return to you and our country on a permanent basis."

"Fine, fine, my boy, I will patiently await your return, so tell me, are you taking good care of my granddaughter for me, is there any troubles that you both maybe facing, how exactly is life treating my darling grandkids?"

Like that my grandma and I chatted away until the cell connection between us went fuzzy, so we said our goodbyes to each other and hung up.

A few hours later, it was time to go and pick up Rayne. As I drove to her, on my way, I saw a florist selling flowers on the road, so I stopped and purchased some.
12 pink roses and 1 red rose in the middle.

Arriving at Rayne's College, I jumped out my car and waited for her to come.

Soon, I saw her walking out with her usual friends and the minute she saw me, she smiled and waved at me. I could see her friends were asking her about me, because I saw them all look and point at me, to which she said something to them, before walking straight to me.

Once she reached me, I handed over her roses and opened her door. She jumped in and said thanks to me.

When I got in, she asked me about why was there 1 red rose in the bouquet of pink roses, so I decided to explain to her.

"Well..., you see I made up my mind, everyday I shall be giving you a bouquet of roses and each day the bouquet will have an extra red rose as a countdown till you say yes to me, by the time there would be 24 roses in there, 12 red and 12 pink, you would have finally said yes to dating me!", I stated calmly

Laughing at my childishness, she said "We will see!"

Taking her hand in mine, I told her, I had another surprise for her. Driving to the park we went to this morning, I led her to the bench we had sat on and told her to look up at the sky. The sound of a helicopter was going past, with a banner below it, I had the words I really like you Rayne, please be mine and a big red heart below, written there. Turning to me, she reached out and hugged me tight, telling me Thank you and how much I have really outdone myself. Smiling at her, I told her that this is only the beginning of what I have planned for her and she should wait and see more.
Like that the next 11 days went by, with me picking up Rayne in the mornings, going for our usual coffee before dropping her off at college, then picking her up in the afternoons with my bouquet for her, with an extra red rose everyday, to finally showing her the surprises I have planned for her straight after.

By day 12,when I picked her up in the morning, she jumped in after I had opened her door for her, thanking me as she got in.

When I got in, she turned to me, and brought her face closer to mine, crushing her lips against mine. Shocked by her kiss, it took me a few seconds to register what was going on, before I kissed her back.

This kiss lasted for a while because it was what we both wanted. Once we felt out of breath, we slowly pulled away. Looking at her swollen lips, I heard her say,
"Yes I will be yours Kellen, I will date you."

With the biggest smile on my face, I caught her and kissed her again. As the time went by with us kissing each other, I soon realised she was going to be late for her class, so I drove her to college. As she said goodbye, I held onto her hands and refused to let go until she promised to have dinner with me that evening, which she finally agreed to. With one last kiss, I sent her off and she ran off quickly before I could hold her back again.

The entire day I spent with a smile on my face, doing my work. When it was time to pick up Rayne, I picked up my keys and drove off. Arriving at her college about half an hour earlier with my 24 roses, I set about my last surprise for these 12 days. I had some guys paint a large patch on the grass, with Kellen and Rayne in big bold letters and a big red heart below it. Thereafter I got some guys to hold about 12 notes, I had made for Rayne, so when she stepped out of college, she would receive it before coming to me, where her final surprise would be waiting. I had purchased a promise ring for her as my promise that I would be the best boyfriend she could have.

When she came out, after receiving all my notes for her and seeing the painting on the grass, she ran to me and hugged me. Like that our relationship started and my feelings for her carried on growing.