(Chapter 12) Taking Her Home

Kellen

Watching Rayne from the time she agreed to come with me, I couldn't help wondering about if things were different between us, would she be smiling more and enjoying herself, without having to think about it much more, I knew the answer already.

When we were leaving the house to come to the airport, I sat in my car and watched how close she and Abigail really were and how she went and hugged her.

I saw Abigail kiss her before she came back to me.

When she came back, she sat in her seat, put on her seatbelt and then leaned against the window, lost in her thoughts, she didn't even realise we had reached the airport.

As we were going in, I offered to get her something to eat, but she declined the offer, claiming she wasn't hungry.

Accepting her answer, we boarded the plane.

As we entered, I saw the way my air hostess looked at her but Rayne didn't even notice, she greeted Belinda in a friendly manner and took her seat.

Without even checking up on Rayne, Belinda fussed over me, asking if I was comfortable or not.

Warning Belinda that I didn't need her help at all, I looked up and saw Rayne look through a magazine from the table.

Looking up at me, she saw that I was watching her, so she put the magazine back and turned the other way to sleep.

I tried leaving her there to sleep but I couldn't when I saw how uncomfortable she really was, so I went and picked her up, carrying her to our bedroom on my plane.

As soon as I picked her up, I felt her put her arms around me and tuck her nose into my neck, gently breathing on me, which caused a tent in my pants to form.

Placing her down, I covered her up, then went to shower before I did some work on my laptop.

Standing under the shower, I let the water ease some of the tension, I was feeling and when I felt satisfied, then only did I come out.

Going to the wardrobe on my plane, I took out a long beige chino pants, with a navy polo shirt and brown contrast trainers.

Putting it on, I went and applied some of my Acqua De Gio perfume before I started my work.

Grabbing my laptop, I turned to look at Rayne before I went out. Seeing her cover, having slipped off, I bent down to pull it up.

Hearing her mumbling something, I went closer to hear better. It sounded like she was having a bad dream, because I heard her saying "No, don't do it."

Choosing to leave my work for a short while, I went next to her, and pulled her against me as I held her in my arms to calm her down.

Soon sleep overtook me and I awoke when I felt her trying to slip away from me.

Getting up myself, I told her, she should go and shower while I got breakfast organised.

Seeing her go into the bathroom, I let out my breath that I didn't notice was being held back.

Going into the lounge area of my plane, I called Belinda to organize something to eat.

Thinking the food was for me, she asked if she could join me as well because she hasn't eaten.

Rolling my eyes, I told her the food was for my wife not me and I expected it to be served to the best of her ability, once my wife comes out.

Nodding her head, she went into the kitchen to let the chef know.

As Rayne came out, I saw her sit down and Belinda come to serve her.

Without looking at them, I listened to the way Belinda served and spoke to Rayne.

After Belinda was done, she left, going back into the kitchen.

Not letting Rayne know that I was interested in what she was doing, I acted like I was busy with my work, but I watched her open the lid of her food plate, then look up at me, asking if I am not going to eat as well.

Looking at her, I told her that I had eaten already and she should be grateful I am even offering her food.

Not missing the hurted look in her eyes, she picked up her fork and knife and started eating.

After she was done, she looked up at me and said thank you for my breakfast, then stood up and took her dishes to the kitchen.

After about half an hour, she came back, she then picked up a magazine and started paging through it, while looking at me over and over again.

Knowing there was probably something she wanted to say, I asked "Is there something you want to say?"

Looking at me in a nervous way, she asked me to tell her about what happened to my sister?

Springing up from my seat with a sudden burst of anger, I went up to her and held her by her neck, making her stare up at me with fear clearly evident in her eyes.

I told her, "You want to know what the fuck happened to my sister, why don't you ask yourself and your family then you won't have to ask me that kind of question again!"

"Why should I ask them or myself, if I knew the answer I would not be asking you this question!", she retaliated

Feeling the fury in me increase, I pressed on her neck harder as I thought about my sister.

A few seconds later I heard Belinda calling out to me, asking me to leave Rayne's neck because I was going to kill her.

Finally releasing my hands, Rayne got up and ran to the room, where I could hear her crying.

Feeling regret for my behaviour, I went to apologize but she didn't acknowledge me there.

She turned the other way, ignoring me, so I walked away, going back to the lounge.

I saw Belinda go in to check on her and waited till she came out again.

Going to Belinda, I asked her how was Rayne.

Looking at me with pity in her eyes, she said that she finally got Rayne to calm down and fall asleep.

Letting out a breath, I told Belinda ok.

Walking into the room, I went and sat beside by Rayne, taking her hand in my mine, I kissed it and apologized.

Seeing the marks on Rayne's neck caused me to feel anger towards myself even more.

I kissed her head and apologised once more before going out to continue my work.

Maybe keeping my distance from her would be better, I thought to myself.

Hours later, the pilot let me know that we would land in half an hours time. Thanking him, I called Belinda to ask her to inform Rayne that she should freshen up and get her stuff together because it won't be long before we land.

Getting out my phone, I dialed my driver to inform him to meet me at the airport in time because I didn't want to wait long there.

I had urgent matters to deal with as soon as I went to the palace, so I wanted to get straight to it.

When finally the plane landed, I saw my driver waiting outside for me, so I instructed him to get our luggage.

I then placed my hand on the ground and then pick it up, kissing my hand, showing my appreciation of my land.

Thereafter, I went to sit in the limousine, watching Rayne following straight after.

As soon as my driver finished loading our luggage into the car, he came in and drove us home.