(Chapter 40) An Unsuccessful Search

Kellen

I was literally going crazy, looking for Rayne. I had so much to say to her, but she left me before I could even tell her anything.

Did she run away or did something happen to her, I wonder.

I was doing my best to find Rayne and still I had no luck finding her.

I missed her so damn much, that I felt physically sick all the time now.

Sighing at my bad luck, I went to my office.

Just as I sat down on my chair, my phone rang.

Picking up, a lady was whispering on the phone.

Due to my incredible hearing, I managed to hear what she said, that my wife was at the hospital and she has been kidnapped. The nurse said that Rayne told her to call me and she couldn't speak long incase someone hears her.

Finally getting some hope, I took down the name of the hospital and cut the call.

Rushing out to leave the palace, I saw grandma and Everly, so I screamed and told them, "I found Rayne. Grandma, Everly, I am going to bring my wife home today. Your queen will be coming back to her home", as I jumped like a little child

Grabbing me in a big hug both, grandma and Everly told me how happy they were.

Even some of the staff came and told me how happy they were.

Thanking everyone, I told them all I needed to leave now.

Filled with so much of joy, I ran to my car, got in and drove to the hospital to get my wife.

Arriving at the hospital, I saw a whole lot of police walking around. Not bothered by them, I went to the reception area to ask for the nurse that called me.

Looking at each other before turning to me, the lady whom I assume to be the head nurse, says to me, "Your Royal Highness, the nurse you are looking for has just been declared dead."

Feeling like my eyes could pop out of their sockets, I asked,

"What?", that's when a police officer came to me and said "Prince Kellen, the nurse you are looking for was found dead just now in her patient's bed. We presume that her patient had killed her, but we are still investigating."

Feeling my anger rising, I screamed at him, "That patient who you think killed that nurse, is my wife, your queen and she has been kidnapped. The nurse who was killed was helping your queen so why would she kill her. There must have been someone else who did it, after finding out that I was informed about my wife's whereabouts, so just before I arrived, that person had the nurse killed. Now they needed to do their investigation and find my wife but instead of waiting for them to take their own sweet time, I will start it for them."

Turning back to reception, I asked the nurse there," Under what name was the patient registered and who was the one to bring her in?"

Looking through her records, the nurse answered me, "The patient was registered under Rayne Rossi and it's written here that her husband Dario Rossi brought her in. "

Keeping silent for a second, I asked the nurse, "What was wrong with my wife, that she was admitted here?"

"She fainted due to being anemic and she is 3 weeks pregnant as well", the nurse informed me.

Going to the nearest chair, I dropped down

"Holy fuck, she is carrying my baby and he has her. What's going to happen to them now.", I asked petrified.

Turning to the police officer, I begged him to help me find her because I needed her back unharmed.

Putting my head in my hands, I cried for my Rayne and for my unborn baby.

I was literally panic stricken at that moment. I needed to do something urgently to save them.

The police officer came to me and patted my shoulder, saying,

"Prince, now is the time where you have to be strong for them, you cannot let anything distract you, you have to fight and fight with everything you got. Firstly you just found out the person who kidnapped your wife is, so that is good, secondly you need to give me a picture of your wife and a picture of her kidnapper, we need to put out a warrant of arrest for Dario and a missing alert for Rayne. In that way if someone sees them, then we will know. Do you have any family that could possibly be helping Dario, any enemies, anyone you can think of?"

"I will check around officer and let you know", I said before walking away.

Driving to the palace, I decided to speak to my grandma first about her contacts helping to find Rayne.

Reaching the palace, I got off my car and went in.

Stopping as I heard a loud commotion going on, I went to see what was happening.

As I neared the place where the voices grew louder, I stopped in my tracks as I saw my grandma taking her whip and hitting Esmeralda. Holding my grandma's hand, I asked her what was happening?, that's when she told me about Esmeralda listening to our conversation earlier and how Maria overheard Esmeralda talking to someone on the phone, telling them that I was coming. "

Now it was my grandma's turn to hold me back because I was going to kill Esmeralda.

Screaming at the top of my lungs, I asked Esmeralda, why did she do that to me, when I was the one who helped her when she had nobody.

Screaming and crying, she told me, "It's because I am madly in love with you and I want Rayne gone from here, so you can finally come to me"

Going near to her, I picked up my hand to strike her but Everly beat me to it.

Everly punched Esmeralda in the jaw so hard, that I felt the pain.

Without wasting a second longer, I asked Esmeralda to tell me where Dario had taken my pregnant wife, but she refused to tell me anything.

Telling my guard to take Esmeralda to the dungeon and lock her up, I turned to my grandma and broke down.

"Grandma, Rayne is pregnant with my baby and I can't find her, please can you help me find her."

Pulling me in her arms, grandma assured me that she will do her best and to just take it easy for now.

Walking away, I left to go take a shower before going out again.

A month later....

Day after day has passed for these 2 months, still I had no idea where Rayne was, I spent everyday searching for her and Dario but nothing. They just disappeared. Each day I grew more and more thinner, not bothering to eat but instead looking for Rayne only.

About a month ago, I contacted her family, letting them know what was going on. Her father said she deserved what was happening, but I could see he regretted his words, her mother broke down crying for Rayne and Arlo, threatened to kill me if Rayne isn't found soon.

Thinking to myself, so much of time has gone, I was really ready to die for my failure, for being unable to protect my love.

I deserved Arlo's hatred for being so useless. I just prayed that Rayne was fine and unharmed.