Chapter 55: Post Rendezvous

Author's Note: Thank you for making this story No. 1 #linstead story. Glad there are still some of you that love the combination of Erin and Jay together. Hopefully the love grows more for this story. 

The towel was just the beginning of the escapades of the afternoon, with neither leaving the bed throughout as they certifiably could not keep their hands off of each other with several romps between the sheets. There was no denying the chemistry they had, or the fact it had not died down - perhaps increased - in the years they had spent apart.

It was later that night to where Erin awoke from a nap, not seeing Jay lying beside her in the bed. She felt it was odd, in knowing they had both worn each other out and he was still feeling a few after-effects of the drugs. She began to wonder where he had escaped off to.

She gets out of the bed, glad she had thrown a small romper on, making her way out to the kitchen of the condo. She stopped dead in her tracks, licking her lips in watching him open the fridge, and reach in for a drink for himself shirtless. There was no denying how sexy he was, from head to toe. 

There were those sparkling eyes that gave you a glimpse into his soul. There were those lips, so tender that they captivated you every time you touched them with your own. There were those arms that could offer the most comforting hugs, but yet so strong they could save you from anything. Then came the abs and stomach, that showed the strength and form that made you melt. Combine it with that sexy ass, and he was the perfect man. 

"Damn I can never get over this view," she comments as she finally allows herself to make the rest of the walk to the kitchen and stand alongside him against the counter. She easily accepts a bottle of beer for herself from him, popping off the cap and taking a sip. "I was worried when I woke up and you weren't beside me. I thought you may have run off. I was worried you were still sick. I thought about a possibility of a nightmare or something. I have never worried about you like I just did. It was a big relief to find you standing out here just like any other night." 

"I woke up a little thirsty," he replies as he looks over at her with a smirk. "It seems someone made me work up quite the thirst with all of her crazy ideas this afternoon." She then rolls her eyes, knowing she was not the only influence to what had just happened in the bedsroom. Besides, even if she had played apart, he began the whole thing with a single idea.

"Pretty sure you knew what you were walking in on when you decided to walk into the bedsroom with nothing but a towel wrapped around your waist. We both know you weren't playing or did that by accident. We both know what you were looking for." He could not help but smirk, even if he wanted to banter back in return with something. Why did she make this so difficult? Why was so damn easy on the eyes?

"What are you supposed to do when you walk out of the bathroom without clothes? I forgot to take a change of clothes with me. I could have just walked in there naked without anything." The smirk on her face said it all in return as to where her mind had gone immediately without him saying another word. It was obvious they were heading back down the same path as earlier immediately. "I guess you would have preferred that after all." 

"It would have made it easier to get to having fu-"

"But then we wouldn't have had the fun banter back and forth. We wouldn't had a towel to wrap around ourselves in the midst of our fun together. We wouldn't have had a reason other than simple slutty lust to put our hands all over each other. What are we turning into? How are we going to keep our hands off of each other at the office?" Erin could not help but laugh at where his mind was going, but did not want to imagine what was going through Hank's head in knowing they were back together, reunited, and up to no good when they were not at the office. "I didn't mean anything by the comment, for the record. I know we can both behave when we are on the job. But there is one thing that we need to do. We got to stop getting into trouble together. It seems that I've been catching a lot of bullets since you came back, and now you add this to it. I was staying healthy, catching perps, doing my job without issues. I would like to go back to that. It's a lot more comforting and easier to handle. I think I have hit my quota for hospital visits now." 

"That, and scaring the crap out of your broth-"

"Yes, please. We do not need to offer him anymore phone calls. I feel he would wrap me up in bubble wrap and make any doctor there write me a letter of non-clearance. Let's try to have smoother days from here on out, okay?" Erin nods her head in agreement, also knowing that would add more comfort for her. She would rather not be scared out of her mind, worried about the possibility of losing him again. How was that easy for anyone to deal with? 

"Promise me to be a little more careful, okay?" He then takes her hands with his own. 

"That promise goes two ways, please..." She nods her head, leaning in to brush her lips across his. "I lost you once. I don't want to lose you again. I want to have my forever ever after with you this time around." 

"I want my knight in all of his glory to be by my side for the rest of my life...."