Chapter 1 Engagement (1)

Huo Yan said that marriage is a transaction.

  Lan Su said that marriage is a shackles.

  It wasn't until they met each other that they realized that marriage is the morning light that breaks through the dark night. And they are roses spreading their petals in the morning light.

Miss Third is back."

  When the dark iron door of the Lan family's old house was pushed open, the servant Aunt Zhang immediately came to greet her.

  "Just in time, it's my master's birthday today, and the whole family is having a reunion dinner!"

  The person who came was dressed in black, holding a briefcase in one hand and nodded to her, "Aunt Zhang."

  He raised his slender fingers, took out a delicate jewelry box from the outer compartment of the briefcase, and quietly put it into Aunt Zhang's apron pocket.

  The third young lady of the Lan family, Lan Su.

This won't work!" Aunt Zhang hurriedly took out the food as if she was being burned, "You've been working so hard on this business trip! No, no, no!"

  Lan Su stretched out his palms and controlled both wrists with one hand. It was clear that they had slender bones, but they could easily control the working woman's hands like a rabbit.

  "small gift."

  She spoke concisely and winked toward the back of the garden to indicate someone was there. Only then did Aunt Zhang put it away, her eyes turned red with a smile, and she whispered:

  "Thank you Miss Third."

  The tall figure paused briefly at the door, then turned and stepped into the courtyard.

  The Lan family's old house is a large house built during the Republic of China . Later, it was renovated several times and changed into the European style that Mr. Lan liked.

Whether it is the two lampposts at the main entrance, the rose garden planted along the geometric outline, or even the brown gravel on the ground, everything is full of French colors.

  In the midst of this romantic color, Lan Su stepped in.

  Wearing a black suit, carrying a black briefcase in one hand, with short hair reaching his shoulders, and no accessories on his body, he looked like a black cat that had broken into a secret garden. Mysterious, elegant, strong, and vigorous, she is more like a killer than a pampered third lady.

  "I heard I'm coming back today."

The young servant was setting up the champagne tower for the evening, placing the glasses and talking at the same time.

  "It must be today, the old gentleman's 60th birthday. She must come back to show off her face."

  "Those who show off their power don't know what they are showing off about."

  "Isn't she always like that? She feels superior to others because she saved the eldest lady's life before."

  "Hey, when it comes to status, he's not the same as us. He's just a thug. Do you really think you're the third lady?"

When walking into the hall, rustling comments came from the dining table, as thin and sharp as a cow's hair. Lan Su's footsteps paused, but only for a moment, making almost no sound on the carpet, and then stepped onto the spiral escalator.

  Ever since I stepped into the Lan family, this kind of voice has never stopped, even unscrupulously.

  Thug, bodyguard, child bride, prostitute, all kinds of words were labeled on her.