Chapter 23: Opening the Guardian (I)

Huo's Villa, where Huo Wenxia lives.

  The group marched to the door, only to find it unlocked. They pushed open the three-door palace gate and saw two bodyguards in black lying in the blood.

  "ah!"

  Huo Jun yelled, retreating behind the old man, his tall body curled up like a lobster:

  "Grandpa, something happened!"

  Almost at the same time, the men in black who were following behind and had intended to suppress Huo Yan and Lan Su quickly stepped forward and surrounded the old man and his companions.

  Grandmother Song Yajun grabbed her husband's hand and said, "Grandpa, let's go back first!"

  Huo Shouping leaned on his crutches with both hands, and the earthworm-like veins on the back of his hands were throbbing with emotions. His eyelids, which were covered with age spots, were half-raised:

  "This is the Huo family's territory. Let's see who dares to mess around!"

  He took a step forward and raised his voice:

  "Search for me! I want to see who is so bold as to do it right under my nose!"

A dozen men in black rushed into the mansion like a flock of crows shaking a valley. Naturally, they saw Huo Yan and Lan Su lying in a pool of blood in the study at the end of the first floor.

  And, the ruthless man in black who beat the two of them into such a state.

  -------------------------------------

  That afternoon, at the Huo Family Private Hospital.

  The VIP ward on the top floor has a wide view. Looking out the window, you can see the clock tower across the woods.

  When he pushed the door open, Huo Yan was sitting sideways against the wall, leaning against the edge of the arched window, half turning his head to look at the hour hand on the clock tower two hundred meters away.

  The light cuts the face into yin and yang, day and night. The setting sun is just right, but it cannot shine into those cold and frosty eyes.

  "Mr. Huo."

  Ai Li closed the door, stopped at the other side of the window, and reported the current situation:

  "Miss Lan has woken up. Although her internal organs are not injured, the wound is very deep. The doctor said that she needs to rest for a while."

  "Um."

  There was no ripple in Huo Yan's eyes, as if he had known the result, and asked:

  "Where's Huo Wenxia?"

  Huo Wenxia, the fourth child's aunt, was the one who called Huo Yan to the villa that day, and she was also the owner of that villa.

Her original plan was to knock Huo Yan unconscious and steal her information about new jewelry. Everything was going smoothly and Huo Yan was knocked down. Just as she was searching Huo Yan's handbag and even got the hard drive, Lan Su's voice came from outside the door.

  When Huo Wenxia was mentioned, contempt flashed across Ai Li's face:

  "She was taken back by the old man. She had to endure the consequences when she was attacked on Huo's territory."

  I feel a little bit sorry when I say this:

  "However, once the hard drive is in the hands of the old man, he will definitely put it away and it will be useless."