Chapter 10 Living Together (I)

"My room, or our room?"

  When asking this question, Lan Su felt that he was acting crazy or stupid.

  Even though they were already legal spouses, she still fantasized about having a bedroom to herself.

  Click.

  The wheelchair stopped and left a mark on the carpet.

  Lan Su stopped and turned his eyes to the back of the man's head.

  Huo Yan's hair was tied up at the back of her head, with a medium-length tail. The curly hair was fluffy, but not as soft as usual. Instead, it looked like a rope, circling around and imprisoning others.

  She tilted her head, but didn't look back. She just tilted her head slightly and looked at the wall of the corridor and asked:

  "Which one do you want to see?"

  Asking questions instead of answering them is the usual style of those in power.

  Lan Su's breathing slowed down, and he didn't know what she meant by that, so he brought out his golden ticket of immunity from death:

  "All right. Just arrange it."

  The corridor lights cast their light on Huo Yan's half-drooped eyelashes, casting a crow-feather-like shadow, with no emotion visible in her eyes.

  "I don't sleep with outsiders."

  she says.

  Lan Su subconsciously wanted to say, I am not an outsider to you, I am an insider.

  But then she thought about it and realized that she and Huo Yan could sleep in separate rooms, which suited her needs. So she nodded quickly:

  "Me too."

Under the corridor light, her half-drooped eyelashes moved, as if she was somewhat dissatisfied with Lan Su's briskness, but in the end, she covered up her dissatisfaction and said nothing more, only one sentence:

  "That's good."

  Lan Su couldn't sleep on the first night at the Huo family.

  The room that Huo Yan arranged for her was opposite the master bedroom, door to door. It was smaller than the master bedroom, but much larger than the Lan family's room.

  The room was fully furnished, with her own clothes and the hostess clothes that Ai Li and others had recently bought for her hanging in the closet. On the dressing table were a bunch of bottles and jars neatly placed, all of which were skin care products that could not be named but were obviously expensive.

  The bed was a bit too soft, like lying on a cloud, with no sense of support.

  The pajamas were made of handmade ice silk, very slippery, as if she was not wearing anything. Plus, they were skirts, which she didn't like, instead of pants. Even wrapped in the quilt, she still felt uncomfortable.

  It's two o'clock in the middle of the night and I still don't feel sleepy at all.

  Lan Su simply got up, opened the curtains, put on some clothes, and went to the balcony to bask in the moonlight.

  The moonlight was very bright that night, casting a white glow that gently sprinkled on her body. Her soft black hair was draped in front of her, following the shape of her chest. Her smooth arms were placed on the balcony railing. The scar on her right forearm from when she was 12 years old was removed by surgery, and now it is smooth and tender, like an egg.