Chapter 19: Sharing Bed (Part 1)

The first gift Lan Su received from the Huo family’s old house was a bug.

  In the name of care, they wrap a deadly poison in a kind and warm candy wrapper.

  She felt it was terrible, even more terrible than the Lan family.

  When Lan Haotian whipped her, he would at least tell her, "I'm going to beat you." But Jiang Dan would not do that. She would gently give you a poisoned apple, and after you die of the poison, she would come up to mourn you, be decent and considerate, and escort you to hell with her own hands.

  The hot air in the bathroom condensed into water droplets, hanging on the surface of objects, with many tiny water vapor connecting the water droplets, like fine spider silk, stretching across the surface of the marble tiles in a flaming manner, like an old, old roof covered with spider webs.

  In the bathing pool, the two of them were soaking in the water. Huo Yan leaned against the wall of the pool, while Lan Su faced the wall, staring at the golden rice-sized bug in front of them.

  The teeth bite the mucous membrane of the inner wall of the mouth, and a fishy smell gradually appears.

  "A snake in the mouth."

  She cursed the person on the other side of the bug. Thinking of Jiang Dan's face turning blue and red when she secretly listened in and only heard this sentence, she felt better.

  Huo Yan was startled, and vaguely saw two leopard cubs fighting, their claws and fangs bared but their attack power limited.

The bathroom was equipped with a signal jammer, so the eavesdropper was useless. Of course, this included what they had just said, as well as Lan Su's vicious curse.

  Should I tell her?

  Huo Yan thought about it and decided not to dampen Lan Su's fighting spirit, so he didn't say anything.

  A few minutes later, Jiang Dan knocked on the bathroom door:

  "Xiaoyan, I made two drinks."

  There was a knock on the door, and Lan Su quickly leaned towards Huo Yan and pressed close to him. The person outside the door did not wait for Huo Yan to respond, but pushed the handle and went in. The two cups of milky white drinks on the tray were suspended with fine particles, and were turbid.

  "I followed the recipe from my nutritionist at home. I specifically drink it after bathing. It's good for the skin."

  She smiled silently and scanned the bathroom.

  The two of them were soaking naked in the same bathtub, their bodies pressed against each other. Even Huo Yan, who had always been a germaphobe and didn't like having physical contact with others, put his arm around Lan Su's shoulders.

  Huo Yan did not move, still with his back to Jiang Dan, his hands on the edge of the pool, one bent and the other stretched out, always keeping Lan Su within the range of his arms.

But one of the wife has to be polite, so Lan Su turned around, put her hands on the edge of the bathtub, and looked up at Jiang Dan from bottom to top.

  "Thank you, Aunt Dan. You are so thoughtful."

  Jiang Dan squatted carefully, put the tray next to the wine glass tray, and smiled kindly:

  "It's my duty. I have always regarded Xiaoyan as my own daughter. Now that you are married, you are also half my daughter."

  Lan Su examined her expression, and could not see any flaws in the fine lines at the end of her eyes or the curve of her lips. It seemed that Jiang Dan was really a thousand-year-old fox. If she had not seen the eavesdropping device in the jade pendant with her own eyes, she would have been fooled by this trick.