Chapter 36: First Coming to the Fore (Part 2)

As Jiang Feng expected, Dr. Lewis Fashion Week was packed with celebrities. Huo Yan, the general manager of the cooperating jewelry brand, naturally received two invitations.

  "I am unfamiliar with the entertainment industry and a newcomer. I can't feel as relaxed as I do in the company."

When they said this, the two were on a plane to Paris. Huo Yan put his coffee aside and browsed the profiles of celebrities at the fashion week on his tablet.

  Lan Su tried to taste the coffee, it was bitter, he didn’t know how to drink it:

  "It doesn't matter. Everything is difficult at the beginning. The studio said that the response to the MV was pretty good, and they gave scripts to two TV series, but they rejected them because the roles were not good."

  Huo Yan handed her the information about the top domestic film and television people that Jiang Feng had sorted out:

  “If you want to integrate into an industry, you must first get to know people. If you stand face to face and someone gives you the opportunity to get to know them, but you can’t even remember their name, then your trip is in vain.”

  Lan Su took the 800-page document and put it on her lap. Her hands held the fabric of her skirt in a self-conscious manner.

  "I do not know English."

  It's not that I don't know how to use it, I just know a few words commonly used in the antique industry. But those professional words that I can easily use to identify authenticity, determine age, and evaluate prices are useless at fashion week.

  It's impossible for her to say that this dress was produced in the late Ming Dynasty and early Qing Dynasty when people are talking to her about dress design, right?

  Huo Yan twisted his neck and narrowed his eyes: "You don't want me to be your translator?"

  She has never done this job.

  Lan Su climbed up the pole: "Is it okay?"

  "What do you think?"

"I'll give you your salary." He took out his phone and searched for "simultaneous interpreting" on a recruitment website. He made an estimate in his mind, "The market price for simultaneous interpreting is 5,000 yuan a day. I'll give you 5,500 yuan."

  Yes, I spent a lot of money and gave 500 more.

  Huo Yan felt that his worth needed to be improved, and his eyes under the glasses were condensed: "Boss Lan, why don't you just give me 6,000 to make it a round number?"

  Lan Su was embarrassed: "I want to, too. If conditions permit, I would like to give you 10,000, but as you said, brothers should settle accounts clearly. I'm offering you too high a price. What if you raise the price in the future?"

My God, so now it is Lan Su, who is penniless, who is questioning Huo Yan, who is worth billions, for raising the price just because of 500 yuan?

  A white light flashed before Huo Yan's eyes. He was dazed for a moment, then met the pair of obedient and serious eyes in front of him.

  "Okay, 5,500."

  In addition to the catwalk, fashion week also has a cocktail party. To celebrate Dr. Lewis' 80th anniversary, the brand held a three-day ceremony in a manor.

  With Huo Yan present, many people came up to talk. Huo Yan would generously introduce Lan Su in English and define her as "Mei Ailiya's spokesperson." He knew a lot of people, but most of them were in the fashion circle. These connections could bring Lan Su some brand cooperation, but they couldn't bring a good script for an actor.