Chapter 9: Temptation (Part 2)

Lanbin is very quiet at night, with mountains to the west and the sea to the south. At night, the sky and the ground are covered with silence, as if a black curtain was covering it, swallowing up all sounds.

  The black extended private car was driving on the winding mountain road, and its headlights cast a spot of light, like a firefly crawling on a giant dragon, as small as dust.

  The woman in the back seat was very quiet, facing out the window.

  The white shirt was buttoned to the top button, the black hair was hanging down, and the eyes were looking out the window, as if looking at a distant point. The beautiful face was reflected in the car window glass, and when passing by the street lamp, the golden light fell, evenly and gently spreading on the face, like an oil painting.

  Lan Su's face is very plain - these are the words of the stylist.

  His eyebrows were thin, his ears were tiny, and his whole body looked sickly pale. Even though there was a teardrop mole on his left eye, it was a light brown color, like sand.

  This face blends into the rich light of the street lamps, and there is a rare sense of detachment.

  Huo Yan sat beside him, holding the tablet in one hand, sliding his slender fingers across the screen, browsing the information about tomorrow's bidding meeting page by page.

  She looked very seriously, as if she was the only one in the car.

  Twenty minutes after the car started, no one in the car spoke.

  In the passenger seat, Xu Panpan winked at Jiang Feng who was driving, signaling for help.

You just spent a huge amount of money on me, why do you act like you don’t know me now?

  Jiang Feng was concentrating on driving, but the person in the passenger seat was too active, making faces and gestures. Jiang Feng had no choice but to turn around, glare at him, and then behave himself.

  His gaze fell back to the front, but the seed of curiosity in his heart was still aroused. He glanced hesitantly in the rearview mirror. His boss was looking at the information intently, and the newly married Miss Lan was also calm and looked out the window obediently.

  It was an eventful day. First they got the marriage certificate, then they moved house, and finally after a big fight with the Lan family, they owned a shopping mall worth hundreds of millions.

  Just so calm?

  In fact, calmness is just an act.

  At least Lan Su is.

  When she was exposed while driving, her body temperature dropped from the top of her head to the soles of her feet. At that moment, she clearly felt a hint of hunting in Huo Yan's deep eyes.

  She should expose herself right there and then, at least, ask:

  “Can you drive?”

  But Huo Yan didn't.

  He just withdrew his gaze calmly and said, "Let's go."

  Let's go.

  First leave the Lan family, this cannibalistic place.

The car drove for a full 20 minutes, and Lan Su's body was still tense. Even though she pretended to be relaxed and looked at the scenery outside the window, her knees were together and her hands were grabbing the fabric on her knees. These subconscious movements betrayed her nervousness.