Chapter 16 Hands (Part 2)

A golden-roofed temple in Vietnam 7 years ago.

  The sound of gunfire interrupted the peaceful chanting. The people in the hall panicked and fled in the hail of bullets.

  The servant who was in charge of taking care of Huo Yan was killed by a stray bullet. When she quickly maneuvered her wheelchair backwards and tried to hide behind a Buddha statue, the tires crushed a dead body and she could not move forward.

  Bang! Bang!

  The sound of gunfire was getting closer and closer. When she walked around the corpse, she suddenly saw darkness in front of her - a man in black chased her to the door, with the barrel of the gun pointed at her.

  That day was her 18th birthday ceremony, held in a temple, and she had never touched a gun.

  It was that negligence that gave the nematodes hiding in the shadows an opportunity to find their way.

  Staring at the smoking muzzle of the gun, Huo Yan's breathing stopped. She thought that maybe she would really die on the day she turned 18.

  boom!

  The gunshot rang out, but the bullet did not hit him. When he looked again, the tall man in black was shot in the knee. He knelt on the ground and turned around, firing several shots behind him.

Seeing this, Huo Yan immediately pressed the button of his wheelchair, hurriedly passed through the Vajra Hall, and fled deeper into the temple.

  She didn't know why so many killers suddenly appeared in a simple coming-of-age ceremony. She didn't know who was behind all this. Her thoughts were like the long corridor in front of her, dark and gloomy, and she was like a dark worm under a stone that could not see the light.

  It was at that moment that a pair of hands saved her.

  The bony hands carried her to the iris bushes in the courtyard, where the irises grew so tall and dense that they barely covered her head.

  But the strange thing is that the person who rescued her was a child, probably about eleven or twelve years old, wearing a black windbreaker and a black mask, and was frighteningly thin.

  What’s even more frightening is that her right hand was broken.

  The palm was at an inverse angle, and the wrist was covered in blood, as if it had been soaked in ketchup. A piece of white bone was exposed in the bloody wound.

  Huo Yan took off the silk scarf from around her neck and said, "Bandage it."

  The girl just raised her head, the mask covering half of her face, her eyes were particularly sharp among her hair, like sharp wolf teeth:

  "Do not talk."

Huo Yan will never forget the next scene - the girl rushed to the wheelchair that had fallen outside the iris bush, grabbed the tire with her left hand, and failed to lift it up in one breath. Then she grabbed it with her broken right hand, twisted her thin body in the opposite direction, and used her weight and arm strength to straighten the wheelchair and push it into the hidden iris bush.

  The whole process was easy, numb and skillful.

  It seemed that the broken and painful wrist was just a supporting wooden board.

  "You hide here and don't make any noise."

  The girl stared at the gate through the gap in the grass, half-crouching to warn Huo Yan.