Chapter 32: Heartfelt Confession (Part 3)

Lan Su didn't know whether he was crazy or the world was crazy.

In her chaotic and tangled memories, someone carried her from the first floor to the second floor, and when she finally lay on the bed and opened her eyes, what she saw was indeed Huo Yan.

  Can Huo Yan hold her in a wheelchair?

  Or, is there nothing wrong with her leg at all?

  No matter which reason it was, it was enough to shock her. However, the latter revealed a mysterious fear.

  After washing up and going downstairs, Huo Yan was enjoying family happiness with Mini in the living room as usual.

  She was wearing a pair of dark brown wide-leg trousers today. The trouser legs were quite long, so even for someone as tall as Huo Yan, who was 173cm tall, the ankles were completely covered.

  If paralysis lasts for a long time, the leg muscles will atrophy, and there will be no sensation or response.

  She had never seen Huo Yan's legs, only her ankles. The thin and smooth lines of her ankles were like the bright pearls in a clam shell.

  Do you want to lift up your trouser legs and take a look?

  When this thought flashed through his mind, Lan Su slapped himself hard in his heart - like a pervert.

  How about pretending to step on her foot accidentally?

  But, the footrest of the wheelchair is more than ten centimeters. How careless must she be to cause a flying kick?

  While she was thinking about it, Huo Yan's eyes had already examined her three times.

  "morning."

  Huo Yan greeted her first.

  Lan Su jumped out of her world of contemplation and awkwardly tucked her long hair behind her ears.

  "Good morning." She said, "I seemed to be drunk last night. Did I cause you any trouble?"

Huo Yan's eyes lingered on her fingers that were subconsciously grabbing her trouser legs, and she raised her eyes:

  "No. You like to sleep when you're drunk."

  "Yeah."

  Lan Su thought about what to say for a while, but finally decided to get straight to the point:

  "I was in a daze yesterday, and it seemed like someone carried me up. Then when I opened my eyes, I saw you."

  The hand that was stroking Mini's head paused for a moment, and Huo Yan's eyes narrowed slightly, his gaze obscured by the light from the lenses.

  "It's me." She agreed readily.

  Lan Su was surprised: "What about your legs?"

  "I was the one guarding your bedside, but it was Xiaolan and the others who carried you upstairs."

  "But I smell you."

  "What is the taste?"

  "It smells like ebony perfume. You're the only one in the house who wears this scent."

  “You smelled it wrong.”

  "I have a very sensitive nose."

  "Alcohol sends the wrong message to your brain. Besides, how can you smell something when you can't even walk?"