Chapter 8 Temptation (1)

"Then how about passing this shopping mall over to Lan Su?"

  As soon as the words were spoken, the entire dining table fell into silence, as if a heavy object fell from the sky. After making a loud noise, gunpowder smoke enveloped all living creatures.

  Huo Yan's voice was very strange, much colder than that of ordinary women, and it was not only cold, but also had a sense of fragmentation. It was like the sound of ice cubes being ground on a whetstone into narrow and sharp ice blades, used to cut straw, cutting through plant tissue.

  There were people sitting in a circle on the long table.

  Huo Yan, Lan Su, Lan Haotian, Chu Meilian, and Lan Shan all stopped using their chopsticks.

  Lan Su glanced sideways at Huo Yan beside him, always feeling that there was a pair of cannibal eyes hidden under those gold-rimmed glasses.

  Fortunately, it was not her who ate it.

  After a long while, Lan Haotian came to his senses, smiled and wrinkled his forehead wrinkles:

  "Mr. Huo, you are just kidding me."

Chu Meilian also smiled hurriedly: "That's right, Mr. Huo, these betrothal gifts are all for the parents, how can they be given to the daughter's family for themselves?"

  Lan Su felt a lot colder in her heart. She lowered her eyes and looked at her hand under the tablecloth. She felt that the tablecloth was indeed made of good material. If it was lightly covered, all the dirt and grime could be hidden.

  On the side, Huo Yan's eyes moved and he caught a glimpse of her restless hands under the tablecloth. He quietly raised his eyes and asked deliberately:

  "Then Mr. Lan thinks, who should this building be given to?"

  Lan Haotian rubbed his hands, tentatively stretched his upper body forward, and said, "Well, Mr. Huo, look, we have three daughters in our family. In the past few years, the antique business has been difficult to do, and I am also tired. I want to hand it over to the next generation as soon as possible. She is my eldest daughter and her conditions are so good. As parents, we can’t hold her back, right? I just want to give this building to her. She will have some confidence to take over the business in the future, right? Besides, you and Lan Su are also married. From now on, we are all a family, so who should we give to?"

It is not given to anyone, but not to Lan Su.

  Huo Yan has heard this rhetoric a lot. She stared directly at Lan Haotian, her eyes falling on the top of his head, with an invisible sense of condescending oppression. His thin lips moved and his tone was light:

  "Take Lan Su's betrothal gift to pave the way for Lan Shan, and use the Huo family's property. Mr. Lan, what do you think of me?"

  There was no expression on her face, but her eyes were drooped. Under the refraction of the lenses, a knife pierced Lan Haotian's spine.

  Lan Haotian saw that her expression was wrong and quickly explained:

  "Mr. Huo, that's not what we meant. But you also need to understand how we feel as parents! Otherwise, the mall will be in my name, and Lan Su, my daughter, will honor me. How about that?"

  Lan Su sneered in his heart. Even though he was used to Lan Haotian's face and knew that he had no profit, but under Huo Yan's coercion, he looked like a scurrying wolf with his head in his arms. It was really ridiculous.

I really don’t even want to pretend anymore.

  She knew that in the eyes of the Lan family, she was a knife, a tool, and a bargaining chip.