Chapter 14 Business (II)

There were long tables lined up on the stage, with dark grey curtains covering the tabletops to the table legs. A new necklace was displayed on the large screen behind them, with the words "New Product Launch - Redemption" in large letters in the center.

  Below the stage, 23 media outlets took their seats, as orderly as a chessboard.

  Amidst everyone's anticipation, Huo Yan and Lan Su appeared on stage holding hands.

  Lan Su wore a light blue dress, her black hair fell to her waist, and her cold face looked porcelain white under the spotlight. The square collar revealed her smooth and delicate collarbone, with a necklace pendant in the middle.

  Huo Yan was wearing a caramel-colored shirt, with curly hair tucked behind one ear, which made her look much softer than her usual vigorous look. The shirt had a V-neck, revealing a couple's necklace with Lan Su.

  The company’s new release today: Redemption.

  "Boss Huo! Boss Huo is here!"

  "Mr. Huo, is this the lady who was photographed walking with you the other day?"

  “Have you started a new relationship yet?”

  "Some people say that your current relationship coincides with the launch of your new product, and that this is suspected to be hype. What do you think about this?"

  "Regarding the online discussions about your incompatible fate with your wife, do you have any response?"

  "Say a few words, Mr. Huo! Say a few words!"

As soon as they sat down, reporters swarmed in, and they were barely able to hold the last line of defense after being stopped by staff maintaining order.

  Huo Yan's face was still cold. He nodded to the design directors who were standing hesitantly on the side, asked the senior executives to sit down, and then moved his wheelchair forward a little and got closer to the microphone:

  "I will answer your questions one by one, provided that you cooperate with our work."

Seeing this, the host quickly took over the conversation and said loudly:

  "Oh, yes. Please don't be anxious, friends from the media. Although we are holding a new product launch conference today, our President Huo will answer any questions you have. Don't worry, go back to your seats first. Each media outlet will have a chance to ask questions later!"

  The staff responsible for maintaining order took advantage of the situation and, together with the host, arranged the reporters back to their original positions.

  Lan Su sat on the stage, watching the journalist elites in suits and ties doing their jobs obediently, and felt something strange in her heart - in the past, she was the obedient one.

  It turns out that by sitting on the stage and looking down, you can really see everyone's status at a glance, and there is an inexplicable sense of control from a high position.

  She was thinking in her mind but didn't say anything. When Huo Yan nodded, she nodded too. When Huo Yan clapped, she clapped too. When Huo Yan drank water, she drank water too, continuing to play her role as the sickly daughter of a wealthy family.

The host started the press conference according to the procedure. The clear and melodious voice made Lan Su sleepy. Fortunately, the host did not have much content, and soon came to the part of design inspiration. This part was interpreted by Huo Yan himself.

  "This necklace is called 'Redemption'. It not only redeems a life, but also redeems my feelings."

  Lan Su sat beside her, looking at her sideways. First, to show affection, she had to look at her when her wife was talking. Second, Huo Yan didn't like to talk, and she rarely listened to her talk so much.