Chapter 34: The Face-Broken Incident (Part 2)

Lan Su’s first role was a ferryman, but he was not only a ferryman, he was also responsible for collecting intelligence for a hidden mysterious organization.

  Beneath the apparent simplicity and innocence, there lurks an unknown danger.

  In Guo Le's lounge, bright sunlight shines in through the square lattice windows. A single sofa sits by the window. Several potted plants on the windowsill cast dark shadows, like children peeping at the window.

  The room was quiet, with only Guo Le and his agent Yi Hong.

  Yi Hong held the cup of coffee in one hand, her waist slumped on the dressing table behind her, leaning diagonally, her tall body forming a slightly curved line.

  "When you meet Lan Su later, you will know that you made the right choice."

  Guo Le was strumming his beloved guitar on the single sofa, his shoulder-length curly hair gathered behind his head, his clothes wrinkled, and even half of the pocket cover of his overalls still tucked inside the bag, looking extremely casual.

  "You don't have to see it in person. Just by looking at the red carpet at the film festival that day online, I know you will definitely like it."

  He took off his glasses lazily, and his eyes, which had charmed thousands of girls, narrowed slightly, and the fine lines at the corners of his eyes began to show the lines of a mature man.

Yi Hong shrugged, admitting that she had no resistance to this kind of thing. Recalling the situation when she saw Lan Su with her own eyes, she sighed:

  "Her eyes have stories. They are very calm, but not just like a delicate flower in a greenhouse. Instead, they are the calm that comes from going through many things."

  When he was young, Guo Le dominated the music scene for ten years. He retired for several years and then stepped into the public eye again. His 48-year career has allowed him to see through many things.

  "So, this is really a person who has been sleeping for 11 years and then woke up? I would rather believe that she has returned to the world through a ghost and has lived in the human world for decades."

  Yi Hong burst out laughing and shook her head: "You can think so, but she is now nominally Miss Lan Er, Huo Yan's wife."

  Guo Le pursed his lips, bared his teeth and took a breath: "It doesn't matter, what matters is that she is my heroine now."

  As the two were talking, a man in a casual suit pushed the door open - Huo Jingjing's agent, Lisa.

  Lisa had her hair done up in a bun and applied a thick layer of hair oil on her hair. Her suit was straight and smooth without a single wrinkle. Compared to Guo Le's casualness, she looked rigid and serious.

  Just like Huo Jingjing, he first gave gifts and exchanged pleasantries, then tried to hint at the possibility of using unspoken rules to replace the heroine.

  "Our Jingjing has always been a fan of Teacher Guo. Would you be willing to do me a favor and have dinner together tonight?"

I remember that some time ago, this second female lead got the role just by having dinner with the director a few times.

  Over the years, Lisa was not the first person to extend an olive branch to Guo Le. Faced with such flattery, he had long been able to handle it like a fish in water.

  "Although I'm divorced, I'm not starving to death."

  This sentence silenced Lisa, her smile froze on her face, and she gritted her teeth to explain: "Look at what Teacher Guo said, we just want to treat you to a meal. Come to think of it, Teacher Guo has very high dietary requirements now, it would be bad if you get an upset stomach. Let's talk about the meal later, I'll go see our Jingjing first, her makeup should be done by now."