Chapter 27 Heartbeat (Part 3)

Huo Yan's disability was acquired, but no one knew why, they only thought he had a serious illness.

  No one dared to ask, just like no one asked what happened on the day Hassan chased the kite. The secret was only sealed in an old box and buried deep in the desert.

  Throughout the entire reception, Huo Yan's wheelchair was parked by the French lattice window on the first floor, with a single sofa next to it. Those who wanted to discuss cooperation would bring a glass of wine over, and after getting Huo Yan's permission, they would sit on the sofa.

  There were men and women, Chinese and foreigners sitting on the seats, but without exception, they were all leading companies in the industry.

  “We shall be glad to enter into business relations with you.”

  The blond-haired and blue-eyed foreigner leaned over and shook hands with Huo Yan. After receiving Huo Yan's affirmative answer, he left happily.

  Huo Yan handed the man's business card to his assistant Jiang Feng and dialed the number at the same time:

"Queen May's conditions are good this time. Let's have a meeting tomorrow at 10 o'clock. Invite the marketing and legal departments to draft a cooperation agreement. Please book me a flight to Milan on the 30th. I want to talk to Louis in person."

  Jiang Feng wrote furiously on the other end: "Okay, no problem." Then he repeated: "Tomorrow morning at ten o'clock, we will have a meeting to discuss the cooperation agreement with Queen May."

  "Um."

  Huo Yan raised his watch and said, "The press conference will start in ten minutes. Ask the public relations department to prepare. There will be news tonight."

  Jiang Feng had already prepared: "Well, the press release is ready. We can release it when things get going."

  "good."

  The small corner was next to the window, the room was brightly lit, and the outside was dark. Huo Yan sat there motionless, the black and white dividing line divided Huo Yan's face into two halves, one yin and one yang, one bright and one dark, like the Vajra statue enshrined in the temple, holding ten thousand thunderous means.

  Da da da......

  The sudden sound of footsteps broke the sacredness of the scene. Huo Yan hung up the phone and turned around. It was a woman in a goose yellow evening dress.

  Huo Yan was always indifferent to strangers: "Miss, what's your name?"

  The man was grabbing the hem of her skirt, his chest heaving violently with his breathing. It was obvious that he was looking for her.

  Lan Xiaoyu let down her skirt, but her palms were tightly clenched, as if she was about to file a complaint with the emperor:

  "My last name is Lan, and I'm Lan Su's sister."

Huo Yan was slightly surprised, and after concentrating, he indeed saw that his features were somewhat similar to Lan Su's:

  "Miss Third, nice to meet you. What do you want to talk to me about?"

  Lan Xiaoyu took a deep breath: "Don't you think Lan Su is weird?"

  "oh?"

  "A vegetative person who has been in a coma for eleven years would have his muscles atrophied and his nerves dulled. It's impossible for him to be like this. She is alive and kicking now, without taking any medicine or rehabilitation, as if she had never been in a coma and had always been a normal person. You have been married to her for so many days, don't you find it strange?"