Chapter 35: First Coming to the Fore (I)

With the successful filming of the MV, Lan Su officially entered the entertainment industry and became an artist.

  Without an agency or an agent, Huo Yan set up her own studio.

  "One schedule assistant, one makeup assistant, one photographer, and three operations staff. Legal and tax affairs are outsourced to my company."

  In the moving car, Huo Yan read out the list of positions like reading out the menu, and her speed was so fast that it seemed as if she was taking revenge on someone who was using the necklace sales to control her.

  "These people's salaries will be deducted from your film pay."

  Lan Su has never been involved in the entertainment industry: "Pay?"

  Huo Yan explained: "It's the compensation you get for taking the role. Judging from this MV, you can only afford to keep this studio for one month."

  Lan Su panicked: "But I'm still a newcomer and don't need a studio."

  "Whether you need it or not is not up to you. By the way, you will need a nanny car when you go out to catch up with your schedule. I have ordered one for you."

  "Thanks."

  "Transfer the money to me at the end of the month."

  "......Um?"

  It took Lan Su only a second to go from being flattered to being puzzled. He looked at Huo Yan in astonishment, and finally caught the smirk that flashed across his eyes, so he lay back on the chair.

  "I have no money."

  Huo Yan let her off the hook: "You can write me an IOU first, and give it to me when your next film pays you. But I'll have to pay interest on it."

Lan Su sat on the chair with her chest heaving with anger. She turned around and glared at her, but she was just looking at the Metasequoia trees passing by the car window leisurely, not responding to her glare at all. She even added mercifully:

  "We are legal spouses, but brothers still have to settle accounts."

  He turned around and gave him a teasing look.

  "Susu, you wouldn't owe me a debt and not pay it back, would you?"

  Lan Su finally understood that this person was seeking revenge. He was threatening her with the necklace sales volume and came to pick her up after work.

  What "Su Su" is? It's just to disgust her on purpose.

  It perfectly matches the sarcastic expression on the Internet!

  "certainly."

  Lan Su took over the sentence and said to Su Su, "Huo Yan is even more narrow-minded than a child. She, Lan Su, is not a pushover either." She immediately brushed the long hair on the side of her face and curved her eyes kindly.

  "Then when will you give me dividends?"

  Huo Yan was outmaneuvered and his eyes fixed on the face whose innocence was magnified by the makeup artist.

  "Dividends?"

  She asked back.

  Lan Su tilted his head, raised the corners of his willow-shaped eyes, and spoke slowly:

  "Yes. Redemption has been on the market for so long, with press conferences and red carpets. I have been cooperating with the promotion for so long, don't I get any dividends? Also, when we got married, you gave me a shopping mall. Although it originally belonged to you and I let you run it, you transferred it to my name as a betrothal gift. During this period, I didn't get a penny of the mall's profits. Add all these together, how can it be enough to buy a luxury car?"