Chapter 45 Kiss (Part 2)

The light from the entrance illuminated every corner, but it cast a shadow only in Huo Yan's eyes. His eyeballs did not move, and fell on Lan Su's pupils that were as sharp as needles.

"You are not Miss Lan Er."

  Huo Yan looked down at her, his eyelids half drooped, his eyes dark under his thick eyelashes, and he was very secretive.

  Lan Su barely stepped back, his knees slightly bent weakly, his whole body leaning backwards, his hands stiffly reaching back to grab a handy object, but he only grabbed the smooth and hard wall.

  She used all the acting skills she had learned recently to force out a half-smile and said:

  "If I'm not the Second Miss, then who is?"

  Huo Yan curled his lips tolerantly, leaning forward in his nightgown, the collar swaying slightly in front of his collarbone, the distance between the two of them closing in a few inches:

  "The second young lady has been sleeping in a hospital bed for eleven years. Tell me, how did she become as sensitive to danger as you? Where did she get the experience to calmly plan an escape route when facing a killer in the dark? And..."

  He grabbed her right hand forcefully, raised it to chest height between the two of them, and used his thumb to feel the inconspicuous deformed bone under the skin.

  "Your hand seems to have been broken a long time ago. Is there a mechanism in the hospital bed?"

A tremendous pressure descended from the sky, and my face seemed to be covered with plastic wrap, layer by layer, tight and suffocating.

  Lan Su raised his eyes and met her gaze in the dim light. He did not refute or argue, but simply suppressed his voice. The conflicting emotions swelled to his chest and almost broke through the last barrier.

  "Let me go." She said, her expression became serious, and she erected a high wall of defense in her heart.

  He tried to turn his wrist, but it was held tightly and he couldn't move.

  Huo Yan did not let go, and made sure that her strength would not really hurt Lan Su. She moved closer and lowered her voice:

  "Do you want me to make your identity public?"

  Lan Su's biggest characteristic is that she is soft-hearted and will not tolerate tough tactics. If Huo Yan gives in, she can explain to her the whole story of pretending to be disabled. She doesn't even have to explain it clearly, just a few words of her helplessness, and Lan Su will soften her heart and tell her, "I will definitely help you keep the secret."

  But Huo Yan didn't.

  She grabbed Lan Su's broken hand and threatened her with the secret of the "fake daughter". If anyone dared to reveal a word, she would make the fake daughter's identity public.

  Lan Su was reluctant to have a falling out with her, but that didn't mean she was a soft persimmon that could be bullied by anyone. She was a snow leopard running on the African grasslands. If you bite me, I will bite back.

  "you will not."

She stared straight into those bottomless eyes, her willow-leaf-shaped eyes dimmed slightly, and she completely returned the threat to the other party.

  "I'm just a little-known person, and you are the general manager of Mei Ailiya and the candidate for president of the Jewelry Chamber of Commerce. If people knew that your paralysis over the years was fake, then not only would your reputation be damaged, but Mei Ailiya and the Huo family would also be affected, and all the interests related to you would collapse."