Chapter 30: Heartfelt Confession (I)

Lanbin welcomed its first snow in the dead of night. It floated down like fine flour, creating a granular feeling of dust in the light of the street lamps. It fell sparsely and abundantly, falling silently into the quiet night. It seemed far away but not close.

  Lan Su was silent the whole night.

  After hearing the ridicule of the two clowns in the small room, she turned away without saying a word. She got into the car with Jiang Feng and sat in the back seat for the one-hour ride without saying a word, staring out the window with unfocused eyes, as if she was watching the passing scenery, or as if she was sinking into a swirling nightmare.

  Jiang Feng was driving, Xu Panpan was sitting in the passenger seat, and Lan Su and Huo Yan were in the back seat.

  The air was filled with subtlety. Xu Panpan tried to adjust the atmosphere and said with a smile:

  "Miss Lan, it's okay. The boss has already asked those two people to delete the video, and they won't send it out."

He gave Jiang Feng a look, and the driver immediately understood and echoed:

  "Yes. You are going to enter the entertainment industry in the future. I have just contacted a formal media and will arrange a formal interview for you."

  Xu Panpan raised her voice: "That's right! Actually, there's nothing wrong with the interview itself. You must have an interview when you just debuted. The main reason is that those two people are too mean. They play the victim and deceive people to gain your sympathy. Miss Lan, don't worry, those two people have been fired!"

  The two of them sang in unison and cooperated with each other perfectly, but nothing they said touched Lan Su's heart.

  She looked out the window without focus, staring at the blurred spots of light in the mist caused by the temperature difference, and moved her lips:

  "Thanks."

  What to thank, I don’t know.

  I have no idea what I am thinking.

  She only knew that the soft heart that she had treasured for so long was pressed back into the glacier by the vicious deception and frozen three feet deep.

  Xu Panpan looked at Jiang Feng for help, and received a slight shake of his head.

She could only bite her lip and retreat back to the chair - she would rather Lan Su not speak. She had been listening to her and Jiang Feng scolding those two people. But she spoke, and even said thank you, just like a puppet being trampled into the dust, obviously in a miserable state, but still maintaining the innocence of her nature.

  It is more painful than abandoning this innocence.

  No one spoke on the way back. Huo Yan didn't seem to intend to adjust her mood. She was concentrating on reading the report and selecting the next film or TV series to invest in.

  After arriving home, Lan Su went straight back to the bedroom, took a ten-minute shower, and then curled up on the balcony to look at the stars.

  People say that the dead will turn into stars in the sky.

  Her parents are in heaven.

  But that night was cloudy and starless.

  She just sat there wrapped in her quilt in the dead of winter until the early morning.

  The next day, she packed up and went out early. The housekeeper, Ellie, followed her and asked if she wanted to call a driver.