Chapter 25 Heartbeat (I)

In the Vanity Fair, guests dressed up in their best clothes, toasted each other and talked about money and business opportunities, wearing hypocritical masks.

  The northwest corner of the hall is a remote place far away from the crowded center, with few people. The high stacked champagne tower is like a tall screen, separating a triangular paradise, but it lacks the peace that a quiet place should have.

  On the contrary, the situation was tense and even the breath was icy.

  Three women and two men stood together, each holding a glass of champagne, but no one was drinking. They were all staring at the lone woman three steps away.

  Across from her, Lan Su lazily leaned against the long table, her face reflected by the champagne tower, and the teardrop mole on her left eye looked like cinnabar. The warm light and warm colors sank on her. She was obviously thin, and her facial features were the same as those of a Jiangnan water town who was not aggressive, but she had a fierceness invisibly.

  This kind of fierceness should not appear on a rich girl.

  She glanced at the five people in front of her one by one and said calmly:

  "Insults are also a form of admiration. I can understand that you are looking up to Huo Yan."

Seeing her growing momentum, Huo Jingjing took out the Huo family's attitude of authority, stepped forward, and rebuked:

  "Lan Su, the last time I went back to the Huo family, you didn't offer me tea. Strictly speaking, I haven't acknowledged your joining the Huo family yet."

  Huo Jingjing is two years older than Huo Yan, and is already 27 this year. In addition to the Huo family's old rules, she always acts like an elder and thinks she is superior to Lan Su.

  Lan Su didn't pay much attention to it, and didn't even stand up straight, still leaning against the long table that was used to build the champagne tower.

  "Whether I join the Huo family or not is not your decision. My name and Huo Yan's are clearly printed on the marriage certificate. Her fate and mine are one. You cannot discuss her right and wrong in front of me."

  Huo Jingjing bit her back teeth. On the day of the tea ceremony last month, Lan Su looked frail and didn't say a word, like an obedient puppet. She thought she was just like Huo Yan's deceased ex-wife, a poor little girl who would cry after a few words. Unexpectedly, she was so eloquent.

  With both hands around the chest, the tone rises:

  "Even if Huo Yan acknowledges you, so what? She has to call me sister in front of me. Didn't Huo Yan teach you the rules, and didn't the Lan family teach you the rules?"

Lan Su moved away from the long table, stood up straight, and said in a light tone:

  "Rules are for people who understand them. If you don't mind, I can make public what you just said."

  Huo Jingjing was used to being the center of attention, but when she suddenly encountered a tough opponent, her delicate makeup began to crack in fine lines, and her thickly painted red lips opened several times, unable to say anything.

  The young ladies standing by couldn't stand it anymore and stepped in to help:

  "Lan Su, what's your attitude!"

  "Exactly. Who gave you the guts to speak like that in front of us? Do you know who my father is? He's the general manager of Shanda Jewelry. I've accompanied him to so many cocktail parties, but this is the first time I've met someone as rude as you!"