Chapter 26 Heartbeat (Part 2)

A dramatic scene took place at the jewelry industry's largest international trade fair of the year.

  The new love of Huo Yan, general manager of a leading domestic enterprise, pushed down the daughter of the boss of another enterprise during an argument. When everyone's condemnation of the new love became increasingly severe and was about to develop to the point of being condemned by thousands of people, it was discovered that everything was directed and acted by the daughter herself.

  "Dad, no, listen to my explanation."

  Sun Qin pulled Sun Long's arm with tears in her eyes, "Lan Su pushed me, they all saw it!"

  On the side, Huo Jingjing and her group realized that their actions were exposed and dared not step forward again.

  Sun Long was so angry that his face turned red all the way to his neck. If no one saw it, it would be fine because he could help to smooth things over. But the strange thing was that he saw this scene together with Huo Yan.

  "I saw it all, and you're still trying to make excuses!"

  He turned around and bowed lightly to Huo Yan: "I'm sorry, Mr. Huo, I will teach her a lesson when I get back! I promise, I promise that this kind of thing will not happen again!"

  He thought he could work with Mei Ailiya to make up for the deficit of the previous quarter. Who would have thought that he would hand over the project book one step ahead and then see Sun Qin framing someone else's newlywed wife.

He turned around, glared at Sun Qin, and cursed in a low voice:

  "Go back now! Don't embarrass yourself here!"

  A crowd of people watched the entire incident. Sun Qin had no room for maneuver and could only run away holding her skirt.

  "etc."

  He had just taken two steps when he was interrupted by Huo Yan's cold voice. His feet seemed to be glued to the floor and he could no longer move.

  The ground was covered with broken glass soaked in expensive champagne. Huo Yan raised his chin, drove the wheelchair to take the glass of champagne from Lan Su's hand, stopped in front of Sun Qin a few steps away, and stared. The frame of his glasses reflected the cold golden light under the crystal.

  Without waiting for Sun Qin to say anything, he raised his hand and splashed it on her face.

  "ah!"

  Sun Qin screamed subconsciously, her delicate makeup was blurred by the wine, and the colorful liquid dripped down her cheeks. She looked at Huo Yan in astonishment, but was almost pierced by the knife-like gaze.

  "This is the price you pay for offending my wife."

  Not far behind him, Lan Su stood still, his hands clasped in front of him, the nail of his thumb firmly gripping the joint of his index finger.

The memory travels back through the narrow tunnel to the past, vaguely recalling the gunfight in Vietnam.

  At that time, the 12-year-old girl was chased all the way because of a set of Zhou Dynasty coins. She ran from a temple along the mountain valley to an abandoned building ruins. Her right hand was broken. In the eyes of the gun-wielding killer behind her, she was like a fish without guns and ammunition.

  Listening to the footsteps of the man in black rolling over the gravel and approaching step by step, when he was just separated by a wall, she put the knife to her throat, thinking that ending her own life would be a kind of relief.