The Cold Confession

Author's POV:

Kanvi woke up with a huge headache and looked at her mobile. It showed 7:38 AM and her insides trembled. She has an exam and might be late if the time is not managed properly. She got down from the bed felt dizzy and suddenly remembered the previous night's incidents. A sob left her mouth but she realised that it was not time to cry over the spilled milk. 

She rushed to the washroom and had the quickest bath ever. She chose a random outfit and packed her essentials to the college. She walked to the kitchen to find Vihaan shirtless with an apron on. His hair looked messy falling over his eyes and there was this sweet smile on his face while making the French toast. 

He heard the commotion behind him and turned around to see his wife petrified and looking at him with the guilt taking over her beautiful brown orbs. She sat down on the table and Vihaan pushed the plate to her. She silently had it and got up to leave. Her stomach had knots since the time she got up. A sense of feeling that is giving her bad vibes.

" All the best for your exam Ma Cherie. See you this afternoon." Vihaan smirked at her leaving onto the kitchen island. Kanvi though nodded, was able to decipher his remarks. The fact that he calls her Ma Cherie instead of Kanvi and his smirk instead of anger is causing her chills. 

And the fact that Vihaan summoned both her and his family is entirely oblivious to Kanvi. She rushed down and Nathan looked ready to take her to the University. Katherine and Winter smiled at her and Kanvi's eyes immediately welled up. 

" Hey, you good Kanu?" Winter asked holding her arm and Kanvi breathed trembling. 

" I... I don't know. Vi...Vihaan confronted me last night and I blurted out everything I did to him. I'm sc...scared." Kanvi cried sitting in the secluded corridor. Katherine and Winter looked bothered by her. They know Vihaan is not the one to mess with. And the consequences are something that they won't even have an idea of. 

Winter's condition is no less than that of Kanvi's. Ean is giving her a cold shoulder and neither Winter is bothered, or that is what she is thinking. 

They thought to discuss this later and went to the examination halls designated to them. The invigilators handed them the sheets along with the question papers. The 3 hours were so agonising for Kanvi. She brainstormed every second to not let those thoughts invade her mind and concentrate on writing the exam. 

The time she tries to recollect the answer, Vihaan's angry eyes blind her consciousness. She nodded her head to not think of him and finished the exam as quickly as possible. She packed all the things and opened her mobile to see 18 missed calls from Yayin, 14 from Vidarth and 23 from Ishana. 

Her insides are trembling and her mind is in chaos. Diya, Karthik and Sahasra are in their mansion while the Mittals stop at the Mittal mansion. She dropped a message in their WhatsApp group 'The Trio Trouble' that she was leaving and nodded at Nathan. 

They were on their way to Vihaan's when a message popped onto her screen from Suvam asking her to come to the Mittal mansion. She called Yayin as she looked too scared to call Vidarth. 

" Bhai, why am I called these many times?" She asked her brother. 

" Come to the mansion Kanu. We have something to talk about." Yayin said and ended the call quickly. Her eyes welled up and she closed her eyes praying to God that it was not what she was thinking about her. 

She just wished that the journey to not end. Kanvi's car sputtered and died as she approached the grand mansion, her heart racing with a mix of emotions. As she stepped out, her eyes fixed on the imposing structure, her insides shook with anticipation. She felt a sense of foreboding as if she was walking into a trap.