The Heart In The Box: Kyojuro Rengoku × Reader part 7

Rengoku was trying to stay positive, but his father hurt you after you proved that you were on his side. You weren't healing right, and when he got you to the mansion, you were asleep. You were running a low fever, but it was going away. Your clothes were ruined, so he left you with the butterfly girls while he went to town for some clothes.

He was supposed to meet your parents, yet he didn't know if he should. He knew your mother and father were kind, yet somehow he felt like he hurt you. He made you go to his home. He also didn't sense the demons, which was impossible. If it wasn't for him being distracted, then maybe he would have been alright. However, he was making sure you were alright and not about to pass out. He was also enjoying how you and his brother interacted. He never felt this feeling before, and watching you made him so happy and made him wish he had a child that you could play with.

He already asked your parents if he could date you once he asked you. He didn't know if you felt the same way or if he did or if he felt like he owed you something for saving his life. But he felt like he was feeling something for you. He talked to you often, and you listened to him. He did things you liked and what he liked. He also realized why you saved his life. You didn't value your life like you valued humans because you were afraid of living forever and becoming what you killed.

He wanted to change that. You were important to people, and your kindness knew no bounds. He loved a lot of things about you, and he knew he could be a very blunt person, and it's why he had been mostly silent. He was afraid of scaring you off. He came back to the mansion and sighed weakly.

"What's wrong?" Obanai asked as he was outside with his snake.

"My father disowned me last night after the demon that tried to kill me came back. He blamed her for it even though it wasn't her fault. He was after my father; he thought I was dead. He even tried to kill her even though she saved my brother and him from former demon slayers," he said as Obanai looked shocked.

"She saved his life, and he disowned you for protecting her. You are better off without him," he said as Kyojuro smiled.

"He found out who her mother was, and it made him angry that she chose a demon over him. Also, may I ask you a question?" He asked.

"I don't see why not," he said as he sat down in the grass.

"I want to ask Y/n on a date, but she is complicated. She won't date anyone, however, due to her demon blood. There is a cure in progress, but I don't know if it will take her powers away or not. It may end up killing her because she was born a half-demon. I want to give her the life she wants, but her life is dying as a demon slayer or by sunlight when she no longer can fight demons," he said as Obanai looked at him, surprised.

"I'm surprised you haven't told her yet. You are a very blunt person," he said.

"I have been working on it, I almost said something when she was wearing Mitsuri's clothes. It wasn't because she was wearing her clothing but the fact she panicked seeing how revealing they were on her. She was very embarrassed even though she looked great, and I told her, so she still wanted to be herself rather than someone else," he said.

"I would tell her before it's too late. We don't live long enough for a happy ending. If we do, we lose it in some way. Your father lost his wife and thinks you got corrupted by a demon. Her mother can't walk anymore, most of our families are gone because of demons or sickness. You should tell her before she goes. You already know how far she was willing to go to die protecting a person she had just met. Whether bad or not, she is a demon slayer who values human life above all else. She will die a demon slayer's death, not a demon's death," he said as he had a letter for Mitsuri in his hands.